|July 25, 2022
|Stays open until filled
|405-133 Richmond St W, Toronto (remote through pandemic)
|Senior Director, Finance & Operations
|Starting at $62,000
Are you looking to develop a rewarding career in impact-driven charity administration and accounting? If you are passionate about empowering the next generation, we’d love to hear from you!
JA Central Ontario is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Accountant, reporting to the Senior Director Finance and Operations. This role offers excellent development opportunities as it is a broad-based finance role in a medium-sized charity. Responsibilities of the accountant include financial record keeping, analysis and reporting, payroll, audit and compliance support, and related duties – which will provide exposure to a variety of finance functions.
This position requires superior customer service, timely & accurate work, and a sensitivity to deadlines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- General Accounting – A/R, A/P, accruals
- Financial Analysis – month end reconciliations, variance analysis
- Year-End Audit – preparation of working papers
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cash-Flow
- Compliance Activities (ex. Charity Tax Return, GST/HST return)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting.
- CPA preferred, or in process.
- 3 to 5 years work experience, preferably in the charitable, not-for-profit sector.
- Payroll experience is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Quick Books Online certification is essential.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft 365 with emphasis on Excel and Teams.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required.
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and work as an effective member of a team.
- Hybrid working arrangements between remote and in-office
- Flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
As JA Central Ontario is a youth-serving organization, offers of employment are conditional on the review of references and a Police Records Check.
Take the next step in your purpose-driven career by joining our team. We offer:
- A positive, supportive, and engaged culture.
- An unparalleled opportunity to inspire and prepare young people so they can succeed in a changing global economy.
- A comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP matching program.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Accountant in the subject line. Be sure to tell us what makes you a great candidate for this role and why you want to join JA. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
JA Central Ontario is an equal opportunity employer, who values the diversity of our employees and those we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation measures in the hiring process, please let us know in advance. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
JA Central Ontario is a charity on a mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a changing global economy. Working in Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham, and Simcoe regions, we bridge education and the world of work, providing students in grades 3-12 with essential financial literacy, work-readiness, and entrepreneurship skills and experiences. A member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide, JA is the world’s largest not-for-profit dedicated to educating young people about business.