Position Status: Permanent
Activity Rate: 100% (Full time), 37.5 hrs. per week
Salary Grade: Level B on the MSF Canada Salary Grid, $55,264 per year
Status: Must be legally authorized to work in Canada; MSF Canada is not in the position to support a work permit process for any applicant outside of Canada
Benefits: Health Spending Account, Lifestyle Spending Account, group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D), Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.), 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required), starting 4 weeks’ Vacation/year, flexible work hours, annual professional development budget, Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), internal Psychosocial Care resources and referrals, and a positive and innovative office culture grounded in our core values of humanity, integrity and results.
As a member of the Fundraising Department’s Mass Marketing Unit, the Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for supporting direct marketing activities aimed at acquiring, converting, reactivating, and welcoming new regular donors and one-time donors giving up to $5,000. The Acquisition Coordinator will work closely with the Acquisition Manager, F2F (Face to Face) Coordinator and provide support to the Digital Fundraising Officer as needed, to execute the acquisition annual plan and support strategic plan goals.
- Support the development and execution of fundraising campaigns aimed primarily at new donor acquisition under $5,000 (both one-time and monthly) via a multi-channel approach, including telemarketing, SMS, digital campaigns, DRTV, and direct mail, as well as support to the digital unit as required
- Support a collaborative and integrated approach to vendor management, campaign planning, execution, and reporting
- In collaboration with the Loyalty unit, and working with vendors as needed, support the new donor welcome journey ensuring the ongoing delivery of a meaningful welcome process and thank you that is timely and relevant with the goal of improving upon new donor retention in first months on file
- Support donation processes and data uploads to bridge vendor and MSF systems, working with Fundraising Database Coordinator as required
- Stay current with research, fundraising trends, and areas of development for acquisition campaigns, act as back up to the Acquisition Manager and F2F Coordinator in their absence and support the Mass Marketing Unit by taking on additional tasks as required and requested
Job Specific Competencies
- Campaign coordination; knowledge of fundraising campaign planning and execution; ability to use this knowledge to support acquisition appeals across a variety of channels
- Systems and processes support; ability to collaborate with team members and vendors to ensure timely donation processes and fulfillment; strong data and detail orientation
- Relationship building and vendor management; Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build excellent working relationships with colleagues, field workers and suppliers
- A Commitment to MSF’s Principles; Proficiency Level 1: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness; Proficiency Level 1: Demonstrates an open attitude
- Teamwork and Cooperation; Proficiency Level 1: Acknowledges the importance of teamwork and cooperation
- Planning and organizing; Proficiency level 2: Organises their work
- Results and Quality Orientation; Proficiency Level 1: Performs their work
Knowledge and Experience
- Professional experience in the fields of fundraising and mass marketing
- Knowledge of or experience working with a non-profit/humanitarian organization
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications and databases
- Familiarity with digital fundraising
Education, Certifications, and Languages
- Proficiency in English, with strong copy-editing skills required
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, or women.
NOTE: Any questions or concerns regarding accommodation and accessibility may be addressed to email@example.com.