Administrative Associate, Philanthropy
Administrative Associate, Philanthropy
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Boldby embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionateby striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborativeby working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthyby keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position the Administrative Associate, Philanthropy will be reporting to Senior Manager, Donor Relations, and Stewardship. The Administrative Associate, will provide high-quality, efficient customer service for all inbound donor calls and emails supporting the fundraising and stewardship programs, to ensure donor satisfaction and increase retention rates. Manage all office administration functions of the Marketing and Philanthropy team and the Vice President, Marketing and Philanthropy, to support Parkinson Canada’s annual revenue goals.
- Support the Vice President, Marketing & Philanthropy with calendar scheduling.
- Support the Vice President and broader Marketing & Philanthropy team in processing expenses, managing credit card reconciliation, and booking travel.
- Support the broader Marketing & Philanthropy team with calendar scheduling, and preparing and sharing meeting invitations, agendas, and minutes.
- Keep detailed budgets to support the team in achieving its goals.
- Supports the Marketing & Philanthropy team in processing expenses, managing credit card reconciliation, and booking travel
- Provide exceptional customer service internally and externally via phone and email.
- Support inbound inquiries related to processing donations, encouraging participation in Parkinson Canada campaigns, and answering general account maintenance inquiries.
- Oversee our Tribute Program, including all related gift acknowledgments, receipting, stewardship, and recognition.
- Maximize event fundraising by supporting event participants with the set-up of their online profiles and using online fundraising tools.
- Accurately update donor contact/donation information utilizing internal CRM systems.
- Demonstrate passion for Parkinson Canada’s mission.
- Actively contribute to our culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Other duties as assigned.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, including Outlook and Teams.
- Understanding of basic financial and accounting principles and ability to prepare and maintain budgets.
- Superior project management and organization skill
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet competing deadline.
- Highly developed customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of thoughtfulness and professionalism to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Results and solutions oriented, with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills, and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you!
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your résumé and cover letter in confidence, along with salary expectations to:
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
Please quote Reference #[PRA-0322]
Parkinson Canada has implemented a mandatory vaccination requirement for all its employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required prior to commencement of employment.
Parkinson Canada will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please indicate accommodations as required if contacted.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.