Administrative Officer, Campaign
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is a fast-paced, innovative fundraising organization committed to raising funds in support of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto.
St. Joe’s has provided care for millions of people in Toronto’s west end for more than a century. Today, it is one of Canada’s busiest community teaching hospitals, looking after a vibrant community of over half a million. Now part of Unity Health Toronto, St. Joe’s is uniquely positioned to inspire the best care experiences for all.
Currently preparing for the largest campaign in our history, the Foundation is seeking an Administrative Officer, Campaign to join a highly-motivated team of professionals and play an integral role in supporting the Foundation’s campaign major gifts goals and business objectives.
This is an exciting time to join the Foundation. We are at the ground level of our next chapter and each and every team member will contribute to our success in raising funds that will transform our hospital in the years to come.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Administrative Officer, Campaign is an integral and valued member of the Development Team, and will be responsible for supporting the Development Team and Campaign volunteers with donor cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship activities.
The ideal candidate will work with the Development Team to support the development and growth of donor support through targeted engagement activities aimed at engaging, nurturing and growing existing and new funding sources and relationships. They will help manage the donor database, including tracking stewardship activities and provide valuable administrative assistance to the Development Team in support of individual portfolios including booking meetings, supporting prospect research and preparing meeting materials, presentations, reports, and agendas as needed. They will work collaboratively with all departments to ensure a spectacular donor experience.
We are looking for someone with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and someone with at least two years of experience working in an administrative role using databases, project managing, and writing professional communications. Experience with major and planned giving programs preferred, as is experience using Raisers Edge.
- Strong knowledge of St. Joe’s catchment area – Toronto’s west end
- Ability to synthesize and summarize a lot of information while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and privileged information with discretion
- Ability to track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient
- Strong interpersonal skills, judgment and professional demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to move projects forward according to timeline
- Ability to work with groups/teams
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Relevant donor software/database experience (such as Raisers Edge)
- Experience working with a diverse group of volunteers
- Strong team player with a good sense of humour and ability to have fun!
Salary range is $50,000-$60,000 annually, plus competitive benefits and HOOPP Pension Plan.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for this position and foundation, we invite you to apply by Friday January 26, 2024 via the Unity Health website: https://unityhealth.to/careers/.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis before the application deadline closes.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.