Are you looking to enter the fundraising sector? Do you have strong administrative skills and a willingness to work in a dynamic environment? Lakeridge Health Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our team as the Administrative Coordinator.
As the Administrative Coordinator, you will provide support to the Director of Administration and have an integral role in the office of the Chief Executive Officer.
What you’ll be doing:
Governance and CEO’s Office Administration – 40%
• Manage a very active calendar for the CEO
• Schedule travel plans, book meetings, prepare of agenda, briefing notes, expense reports and detailed itineraries for the CEO and the Chair of the Board
• Prepare and attend to files of a confidential nature
• Track and record all fundraising activity of the CEO using the Raiser’s Edge database
• Back up recording secretary to the Board and committee meetings
• From time to time, deliver materials to Board Directors and other key stakeholders
• Assist with special projects assigned by the CEO or board members
Operations Administration – 60%
• Assist in running reports for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics and dashboards
• Present a professional, welcoming contact for donors, employees, and board members
• Responsible for answering and monitoring main telephone line and email in-box, office supplies, stationary, and general tidiness of the work space
• Provide general support to the fundraising and communications teams as needed
• Coordinate staff hoteling calendar in a four location hybrid office environment
• Maintain the office files both paper and digital
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Service-oriented, approachable and professional with all levels of staff and external stakeholders
• Strong time management skills to be punctual, meet deadlines, and complete tasks as assigned
• Careful attention to detail when reviewing correspondence, submitting reports, and completing day to day duties
• Ability to problem-solve as challenges arise or when encountering unexpected obstacles
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Intuitive interpersonal skills, including ability to relate to different levels of stakeholders and senior leadership
• Strong calendar management skills
• Microsoft Suite including Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word, MS Teams
• Knowledge of eScribe and AKA Raisin considered an asset
• Post secondary education
• Must have a valid ‘G’ driver’s license and access to a vehicle
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a strategic plan in place, the Foundation is in the midst of an exciting path forward with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Who we are:
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift, planned giving, annual giving and community giving programs, which are supported by the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers, we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada.
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation to assist with the selection process for the position of Administrative Coordinator. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
• firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
• The job posting will close on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
• No phone calls, please.
• We thank all applicants in advance.