Advancement Officer, Engagement
Position Title: Advancement Officer, Engagement
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hours per week) with occasional evening/weekend hours
Salary: $1,164.37 per week
Terms: Full time/permanent / this position is covered by United Steelworkers “All Employee” Bargaining Unit
Apply: email@example.com /Attention: Human Resources (please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
The University of St. Michael’s College is one of the oldest and most distinctive post-secondary institutions in Ontario and one of three universities federated with the University of Toronto. Founded in 1852 by the Congregation of St. Basil from Annonay, France, St. Michael’s offers undergraduate students’ full access to the complete range of courses offered by the University of Toronto, as well as its own unique academic programs. St. Michael’s is home to over 5000 undergraduate and 250 graduate students, who live and learn in the heart of Canada’s greatest research university. St. Michael’s offers a close-knit and inviting community that maintains its Catholic identify while welcoming people of all backgrounds.
St. Michael’s is supported by a loyal and generous community of over 38,000 alumni and friends. Their commitment to our past, present and future is creating exciting opportunities to expand and strengthen alumni involvement, advocacy and financial support. As we look forward to our 180th anniversary in 2032, we are operating with a strategic plan titled St. Mike’s 180: Rooted in the future. The plan, which imbues all aspects of university life, is built on three pillars: academics, community and sustainability, all stemming from the University’s commitment to the Catholic Intellectual Tradition.
As part of Defy Gravity: The Campaign for the University of Toronto, we seek to harness the talent, generosity, and compassion of our global community to strengthen the University’s commitment to inclusive excellence and accelerate work on the most complex issues facing our world today.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Alumni Affairs, the Advancement Officer, Engagement is responsible for managing a program of dynamic and inclusive in-person and online events for alumni throughout the year. Working with volunteers and colleagues to produce innovative lectures, receptions and donor-centred events, as well as contributing to the development and delivery of a communications strategy, the role requires imagination and collaboration to provide meaningful engagement and involvement to alumni and friends.
The Advancement Officer, Engagement, will also work closely with Development & Alumni Affairs colleagues on the implementation of strategies to identify and cultivate potential donors to St. Michael’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and produces all aspects of in-person and virtual/hybrid events from planning and budgeting through to invitation, briefing, production and post-event activities, including alumni-focused events and donor recognition activities.
- Participates in planning and execution of Alumni Reunion activities.
- Develops and implements plans for including fundraising within Alumni Reunion, and other class giving initiatives.
- Collaborates with Advancement colleagues to identify and engage potential donors.
- Supports the development and implementation of alumni engagement programs, including programs that enrich the student experience such as mentorship.
- Supports the Senior Manager, Alumni Affairs in evaluating and refining the efficacy of programs and activities.
- Manages multiple projects and their progress concurrently, ensuring timelines are met and staff and resources are fulfilling objectives.
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of donor information and coding in ARBOR
- Serves as a representative for the University of St. Michael’s College within and beyond the University community, consistently and convincingly demonstrating the role and importance of alumni engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with the post-secondary education environment is an asset
- Experience in planning and executing alumni programs, events and communications
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Creativity, tact, diplomacy and problem-solving skills are essential; demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and respect confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of platforms that facilitate virtual engagement (ie Zoom), MS Office Suite, CRM and databases (ie Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce), Adobe, Imodules
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.