Reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement (ADA), the Advancement Officer is a key member of a small yet highly effective team at a leading girls’ independent school. This staff member is responsible for raising a minimum of $650,000 each year, while working with a great group of volunteers for the Annual Fund. In addition, this position leads all database services and aids in the preparation of communication tools including the annual direct mail program. This position will also assist with event execution across programs.
The candidate will be a self-starter, effective relationship builder, and communicator. This highly organized and detail-oriented individual will work to foster collaboration and professionalism within the Advancement team and will handle confidential material with the utmost discretion and sensitivity.
The Office of Advancement is dedicated to supporting and enhancing St. Clement’s School’s mission through leading and managing:
- Fundraising and development activities;
- Alum and community relations; and
- Marketing and communications.
Members of the Advancement team work closely with the School leadership, families, volunteers, and alum, to support the Strategic Plan of the School and to foster strong relationships within the St. Clement’s community and beyond.
FUNDRAISING AND STEWARDSHIP
- Aid in the ongoing development of a culture of philanthropy at SCS;
- Develop and foster ongoing relationships with students, families, alum, staff, and donors to enhance understanding of needs and encourage charitable giving;
- Responsible for the success of each year’s Annual Fund Campaign including assistance in target setting, identifying priorities, and managing the direct mail program;
- Coordinate and oversee the Annual Fund Rep volunteer program, including recruitment;
- Manage the SCS Staff Campaign and the Grad Class Gift; work with staff and student volunteers on strategy;
- With the Executive Director of Advancement, ADA, Senior Development Officer, and Communications team, develop print, web, and electronic materials to support the Annual Fund initiatives and build awareness within the SCS community;
- Produce presentations and impact reports for donors and prospects and participate actively in the production of the Annual Report of Giving;
- Assist, as needed, in the coordination of Advancement Committee meetings and reports;
- Provide excellent donor stewardship and recognition; and
- Provide ongoing updates and general maintenance of the Donor Recognition Wall.
DATABASE, OPERATIONS, AND ADMINISTRATION
- Manage all aspects of the Advancement database (RE) including: data entry and integrity; research; preparation and production of reports, mailing lists, and database policies and procedures; and, in collaboration with IT, software updates and maintenance;
- Generate tax receipts, thank-you letters, pledge reminders, and Annual Fund Rep reports in a timely manner and ensure accurate donor acknowledgements based on the level of each donation;
- Working with the Finance Department, prepare batch deposits, monthly/yearly reconciliations, and receipt reports and manage annual audit requests;
- Maintain accurate moves management records in Raiser’s Edge (RE) across programs;
- Ensure that requests for information from donors and prospects are addressed quickly, and accurately, and that all pertinent information is recorded in Raiser’s Edge; and
- Provide administrative support as required.
EVENTS AND OTHER DUTIES
- Responsible for ensuring Annual Fund events are planned such that they allow for interaction with current and prospective donors;
- Work with and supervise a variety of volunteer groups (alum, parents, students, and staff);
- Other duties as assigned; and
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND ATTRIBUTES OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Post-secondary education in a related field;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong professional presence;
- Fundraising program and communication experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (RE) or a similar database system;
- Approachable and collaborative working style, demonstrates high levels of trust and integrity, and excellent attention to detail;
- Superb verbal and written communications skills;
- Superior organizational and project management skills;
- Prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines;
- Works well with minimal supervision;
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills;
- Budget management and supplier negotiation;
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
- Criminal record check is required as a condition of employment.
DIVERSITY & EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
St. Clement’s School is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value each community member’s identity and well-being. Together, we learn and grow by embracing multiple perspectives, experiences, and cultures. Our differences are our strengths.
St. Clement’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations will be provided upon request to support applicants with disabilities throughout our recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation please advise us during our initial conversation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls. We’re a close-knit, dynamic community of approximately 460 students from Grade 1-12 who live, learn and grow together under one roof. St. Clement’s is recognized for its longstanding commitment to academic rigour and excellence in a small, nurturing environment. At SCS, every student is known and valued.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. To learn more about SCS and our career opportunities, please visit our website at https://www.scs.on.ca/about-scs/careers/.
HOW TO APPLY
This posting will remain open until the position is filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting an application at http://stclements.simplication.com/ including a resume and cover letter, as soon as possible.
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in St. Clement’s School!