Alumni Advancement Manager, Lang
Temporary, full-time position (from August 29, 2022 to March 17, 2023) – Guelph, ON
This role within the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics (Lang) is an exceptional opportunity to join a high-performing team of passionate professionals at the University of Guelph, one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research-intensive universities.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development (AA&D) advances the mission of the University of Guelph by raising private support and building relationships with a broad range of stakeholders ranging from alumni and friends, to corporations and foundations. As Alumni Advancement Manager for Lang, you’ll be a member of the AA&D team and, as such, epitomize the department’s shared values of respect, empowerment, integrity, appreciation and forward focus.
An experienced alumni relations and fundraising professional, you’ll work with alumni, donors and volunteers in Lang < https://www.uoguelph.ca/lang/ >, a globally-focused business school, dedicated to improving life through business.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Alumni Advancement, and in consultation with the Dean and faculty, the Alumni Advancement Manager (AAM) is responsible for engaging alumni in the life of the School through annual giving fundraising (contributions of up to $25,000) and strategic relationship management through events and programs. More specifically, your responsibilities as Alumni Advancement Manager will include:
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects through the fundraising cycle;
- Managing a pipeline of 80-100 donors/prospects and undertaking 5-7 calls/month;
- Managing strategic class/group reunion activity and class/group fundraising activity, including peer-to-peer fundraising;
- Collaborating on all School-related annual giving initiatives, including mass appeals and stewardship communications;
- Providing a strategic lens for on- and off-campus alumni engagement opportunities, including events;
- Managing key volunteer relationships, including alumni boards/committees, and coordinating alumni volunteers for various University activities and School-specific activities;
- Collaborating with colleagues in AA&D to develop effective communications strategies that keep alumni and annual giving donors informed of relevant and strategic activities;
- Supporting relevant day-to-day alumni correspondence and outreach, and performing other associated duties, as assigned.
Some evening and weekend work will be required, as well as possible travel in support of certain activities.
To assume the role of Alumni Advancement Manager, Lang, you should be a results-oriented, skilled relationship builder with a profile that includes:
- An undergraduate degree, with preference given to demonstrated commitment to professional development, and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising and/or non-profit program management with a proven track record of success, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Superior written and interpersonal communications skills, including effective relationship-building and experience in managing volunteers;
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure, exercising tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment;
- Results orientation, with the ability to take initiative and self-manage;
- Experience and comfort working in a role with significant autonomy;
- Ability to adapt and employ an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Experience in event management;
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases and/or CRM systems.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the role of Alumni Advancement Manager, Lang, including application instructions, please go to our website at www.uoguelph.ca/hr/careers. Applications, quoting Hiring #2022-0510, must be sent to: email@example.com.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.