Alumni Relations Manager
TanenbaumCHAT is a coeducational community Jewish high school. We offer an exciting and extensive educational experience, inside the classroom and beyond. Rigorous General and Jewish Studies curricula prepare students to attend the finest post-secondary institutions, to succeed in their chosen paths, and to become caring and contributing members of their communities.
TanenbaumCHAT is seeking a creative and experienced person for the role of Alumni Relations Manager to promote engagement and increase philanthropy among the school’s more than 9,000 alumni. Our graduates make valued and important contributions to the life of the school, and are central and active participants in all aspects of Jewish community life in Toronto and across the globe.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Alumni Relations Manager is responsible for the strategic development and management of a comprehensive alumni engagement and fundraising program.
- Manage, cultivate and steward a portfolio of existing TanenbaumCHAT alumni donors
- Identify new donors and organize initiatives to solicit funding
- Develop alumni major gift opportunities
- Execute alumni fundraising campaigns from inception to execution
- Maximize the ROI of alumni engagement
- Oversee alumni acknowledgment, donor recognition and stewardship
- Contribute to publications including: Chatter magazine, the Alumni Connect digital newsletter, e-blasts and website
- Track and update alumni accomplishments, lifecycle events, and contact information.
- Coordinate with TanenbaumCHAT faculty and various school departments to cultivate opportunities for alumni engagement.
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years demonstrated knowledge of and experience in development
- Experience in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the school, alumni, other constituents and the public
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent database
- Strong writing, planning organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Alum of TanenbaumCHAT
- Graduate of a Jewish day school system
- Knowledge of Toronto’s Jewish community
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Pension plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Time off for Jewish festivals, and early Friday closure for Shabbat
- Opportunities to perform challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative culture
Salary commensurate with experience.
TanenbaumCHAT is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment, and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com with “Alumni Relations Manager” in the subject line. Please note that applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis until the post has been filled. We thank all those who apply for this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.