Annual and Legacy Giving Officer
Georgian College’s Advancement and Alumni Relations department creates and maintains strong relationships with a variety of constituents to inspire support and engagement. The department is organized into four integrated units: Major Gifts, Partnerships and Sponsorships; Alumni Engagement, Annual and Legacy Giving; Donor Relations and Operations; and, Conference and Event Services.
Reporting to the Manager of Alumni Engagement, Annual and Legacy Giving, the Annual and Legacy Giving Officer will participate in the development, implementation, monitoring/tracking, and reporting/evaluation of Georgian’s annual giving programs (targeting annual gifts less than $25k). The Officer is engaged in all stages of prospect and donor development including identification, cultivation, acquisition and selected stewardship functions. Annual giving programs at Georgian include: 1) Annual donor-funded awards/scholarships/bursaries; 2) Tribute/memorial giving; 3) Family appeals (staff, faculty and board) 4) Grizzlies Give Back: Alumni Annual Fund (including mass direct response marketing, multi-channel strategies including direct mail, email, phone and social); 5) Class giving (reunion and graduating) 6) White mail programs (online and mail); 7) Special project appeals (friends, targeted, etc.); 7) Monthly giving; and 8) Leadership giving (annual gifts between $1k-$24.9k). Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the annual solicitation calendar across all annual giving programs and executing fundraising appeals utilizing a multi-channel approach
- Managing vendor relationships, and collaborating with the Advancement Communication Specialist and Advancement Designer, to deliver all content and collateral required for the annual giving programs. Contributing to stakeholder communications as it relates to annual giving
- As part of the team, ensuring constant and consistent growth in terms of the number of donors, donor loyalty, donor reactivation, and dollars raised
- Effectively utilizing the department’s database to ensure data integrity, advanced data segmentation and analysis, analytical insights, and tracking of key moves
- Supporting the planning and execution of the college’s signature fundraising events
- Achieving targets for net proceeds associated with events and campaigns
- Providing support to volunteer chairs and cabinets associated with signature events
- Overseeing and executing all the day-to-day tasks associated with the legacy-giving program in consultation and collaboration with the Manager
- Contributing to stakeholder communications as it relates to legacy giving
- Contributing to the delivery of a best practice donor experience
- Successfully completed a two-year diploma in a related field
- Completion of specialized certificate program (s) or course(s) (minimum 20 hours of online or in-person instruction, for the course or certificate), related to fundraising/resource management (including non profit management, annual giving, direct marketing, event management, etc.) delivered by a leading advancement-focused professional organization Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP), Canadian Council for the Advancement of Education (CCAE), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Academic Impressions, etc. is required
- Completion of a post-graduate one-year program in fundraising or an advancement-related function (i.e. event management, digital or direct marketing) is an asset
- Minimum of three years of experience working in advancement/fundraising/direct marketing role and environment
- Strong donor-centered approach complemented by excellent organizational, planning and time management abilities
- Ability to work independently, move projects from conceptual stages to launch, and handle multiple and often competing deadlines
- Experience in the planning and execution of fundraising and/or large-scale events is required
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Comfortable working independently as part of a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage a demanding schedule and to prioritize responsibilities
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing industry-related privacy regulations such as CASL
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge considered an asset
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Georgian College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Georgian College has a COVID-19 vaccination procedure in place. As a condition of employment, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to work on any campus, or a facility owned, operated or controlled by Georgian College unless they have a valid medical or religious belief/creed reason for not getting vaccinated, which reason will be considered on a case by case basis and which will be subject to the College’s accommodation processes.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. March 2, 2022. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.