Annual Giving Coordinator
Who We Are
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society is a registered charity and has been operating for 150 years. The Society provides care, comfort and compassion to animals in need in communities across Ontario; we value all animals and advocate to treat them with respect and kindness. We strive to keep pets and families together and do so through a variety of community support services.
Annual Giving Coordinator: Are you a fundraising professional who’s passionate about animals and storytelling? We’ve got a role for you! The Annual Giving Coordinator is a key role within the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society’s annual giving program, with a primary responsibility to support the organization’s direct mail, and a secondary responsibility to support tele-fundraising, online and monthly giving program pillars. The annual giving portfolio accounts for more than $4 million per year in fundraising revenue for the organization.
This role works closely with the Director, Annual Giving, as well as internal and external cross functional teams, to successfully coordinate our campaigns with a focus on meeting campaign timelines and fundraising revenue goals.
Status: Full-time, Permanent.
Location: This role is based out of Provincial Office with eligibility to participate in our flexible work program.
A Typical Day
As our Annual Giving Coordinator, every day will be a bit different, but always interesting! You might find yourself pulling a mailing list from our database one day, communicating with a vendor about an upcoming campaign the next, or seeking stories of animals we’ve recently helped and hearing the latest plans for mission-driven work from our programs team. In this role, you’ll play a critical part in stewarding our donors to remain inspired and motivated to support our mission and help animals in need across Ontario and beyond.
Coordinate direct mail campaigns
- Working in collaboration with our external partners, successfully coordinate the organization’s direct mail program.
- Oversee each campaign from creative brief through to the donor’s mailbox by coordinating the various components of a direct mail campaign with a focus on seeking internal approvals on copy, art and laser lives.
- Source stories and content for campaigns with guidance of external partners and communications team.
- Extract data from Raisers Edge for all campaigns following the provided data segmentation strategy.
- Create and maintain seed lists and appeal records in Raisers Edge.
- As needed, manually input or import database updates to Raiser’s Edge to keep donor data current and accurate.
Support online campaigns
- Build out emails, donation forms and other digital assets as needed using Luminate Online.
- Help maintain eCommerce product inventory.
- Develop graphics as requested using Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud.
Coordinate telemarketing campaigns
- Monitor daily call reports and campaign results.
- Follow up on requests for call recordings.
- Track pledge responses.
- Update database with return data from call centre.
- Liase with finance department on processing of gifts.
Report and Analyze
- Monitor and provide weekly results reporting on any active direct mail or telemarketing campaigns.
- Assist with expense tracking for campaigns.
- Pull results on campaign testing or other donor analytics as required.
Other duties as assigned
- Support monthly giving program as needed.
- Support the Community & Donor Development department operational needs.
Why You Should Join Our Team?
- Be part of an energetic team environment with others who share your passion for animal wellbeing!
- Competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Paid sick time
- 3 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service
- Predictable day time hours
- Onsite parking
Do You Have What it Takes?
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- College certificate in Fundraising Management or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proven customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Pro-active, self-directed and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Direct Response preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Prior experience with Luminate Online an asset.
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Director, Annual Giving
Ontario SPCA and Humane Society
Please quote “Annual Giving” in the subject line.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario SPCA and Humane Society, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario SPCA and Humane Society provides accommodation during all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please advise us if you are contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 888-668-7722 or email@example.com .