Associate, Corporate & Community Partnerships
|Posted On:||June 2, 2022|
|Location:||Hybrid (Home Office/Toronto Office)|
|Reports to:||Senior Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships|
|Role type:||Full time, permanent|
Are you passionate about empowering the next generation? Are you motivated by educating and inspiring young people to succeed? If you’re looking to develop a rewarding career in an impact-driven, youth-focused charity, we’d love to hear from you!
JA Central Ontario is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Associate, Corporate & Community Partnerships that reports to the Senior Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships. The Associate, Corporate & Community Partnerships plays a key role in accomplishing the organization’s revenue goals alongside the Partnerships and Development team. The role will support the Senior Director, Corporate & Community Partnerships and Partnership team in a variety of tasks that enable the organization to deepen corporate & foundation partner engagement, seek new opportunities for growth, and enable the team to reach its strategic goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
PARTNER ACTIVATION, EXPERIENCE & IMPACT (50%)
- Support the Corporate & Community Partnerships team on partnership activation including:
- Collaborating with marketing team on implementing proper recognition for sponsors and supporters on donor signage, promotional materials, website, social media, etc.
- Obtain partner approvals on logo recognition as required
- Communicate with key stakeholders in support of partnership activation
- Support volunteer recruitment efforts as needed for various experiential programs
- Attend virtual and in-person events to deepen partner relations, represent the organization and support activation of program events as needed
- Monitor trends in partnerships across the sector to stay current
- Support impact reporting/fulfillment reports/grant reports as needed
PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT & IMPACT REPORTING (50%)
- Collaborate with the Directors of Marketing and Development on proposal templates and creation of compelling case for support
- Collaborate with Sr. Directors of Programs and Partnerships on approaches to granting support for JA Central Ontario programming and operations.
- Conduct research on potential corporate and community partners
- Support the Corporate and Community Partnerships team on proposal development including:
- Preparation of funding proposals, grant applications, and pitch decks to solicit support from community organizations, government, foundations, and corporate partners
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years recent, related professional experience is fundraising, or communications is an asset
- Experience in a non-profit, charity, educational institution, or corporate social responsibility program environment would be an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Exceptional team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience writing persuasive proposals for funding and sponsorships.
- Strong storytelling ability that strengthens the organization’s profile and brand
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products and certain CRM / fund raising applications (e.g. Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge).
- Ability to read reports and filter information
- Understands that working in ambiguity and change is part of the job.
- An affinity for the JA mission, education, and youth development.
- Remote-first / hybrid office arrangement, with offices in the Toronto office.
- Flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Travel within the service region, as required.
The salary range for this position begins at $53,000 and can be negotiated based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP program.
As JA Central Ontario is a youth-serving organization, offers of employment are conditional on the review of references and a Police Reference Check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Associate, Corporate & Community Partnerships in the subject line. Be sure to tell us what makes you a great candidate for this role and why you want to join JA. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
JA Central Ontario is an equal opportunity employer, who values the diversity of our employees and those we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation measures in the hiring process, please let us know in advance. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
JA Central Ontario is a charity on a mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a changing global economy. Working in Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham, and Simcoe regions, we bridge the gap between education and the world of work, providing 30,000+ students in grades 3-12 with essential financial literacy, work-readiness, and entrepreneurship skills and experiences. A member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide, JA is the world’s largest not-for-profit dedicated to educating young people about business.