Associate Director, Annual and Leadership Giving
Associate Director, Annual and Leadership Giving
Employment Terms: F/T Permanent
Start Date: April 2022
Upper Canada College (UCC) is focused on making the world a more just and inclusive place through dialogue and teamwork. With a commitment to equity and fairness, students learn that what makes us different as individuals makes us stronger as a community. A rigorous academic program is supported by accomplished faculty, exceptional co-curricular programming, and state-of-the-art facilities. The UCC experience is underpinned by five core values: learning, pluralism, service, community, and wellbeing. Among its strategic goals is UCC’s ambition to become more diverse and inclusive. This is supported by a recognition that no learning community is whole without the inclusion and amplification of multiple voices; UCC is committed to fostering belonging, striving for justice and peace among all people, and addressing systemic and structural forms of oppression.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans, with special focus on parents, old boys and friends of the College. You will conduct advanced research and analysis from a variety of sources to provide detailed background data on donors; produce complex donor reports; and direct the work of volunteers in defined activities.
- Contribute to the overall Advancement goal by employing sound revenue generation strategies for annual giving, with special focus on monthly and leadership giving;
- Retain donors through employing excellence in issues management and stewardship, leading to renewal, and increased giving;
- Provide strategic direction in the development and implementation of targeted direct response marketing campaigns designed to achieve growth objectives while maintaining effective cost ratios;
- Manage the execution of all portfolio marketing appeals, including annual giving plans, solicitation calendars, list management and queries, critical paths, creative briefs, copy briefs, instructions to fulfillment houses and setting online giving pages;
- Create and monitor optimized donor segmentation and complex plans;
- Ensure that a strong stewardship program for Annual Fund donors, including Leadership and monthly givers, is in place.
- Maintain accurate and timely entry of donor data, correspondence and related information;
- Follow up on donor pledges;
- Ensure timely and accurate acknowledgements of all donations;
- Support the preparation of tax receipts and corresponding thank you letters on an ongoing basis;
- Respond to donor enquiries in a prompt and timely manner;
- Provide general assistance and support as part of the Advancement Team.
- Provide ongoing reports and statistical and financial information;
- Support reconciliation activities with the Finance Department analyze and resolve variances.
Key Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Willingness to adapt and change based on the unique and diverse needs of individuals;
- Commitment to honesty, justice, fairness and equity;
- Display humility and empathy, and recognize your ability to positively influence change;
- Embrace the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference in your local and global communities;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner;
- Strong understanding of donor database management and gift processing;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, takes initiatives and respects the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials;
- Team player who interacts with staff and external stakeholders in a respectful and professional manner;
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations and guidelines for the management and protection of personal and confidential information, including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act;
- Familiar with the principles and best practices for engaging and working with volunteers;
- Proficient with standard desktop software (e.g. MS Office), specialized fundraising software (e.g. Raisers’ Edge) and donor databases;
- Ability to determine and assess requirements for assigned fundraising initiatives;
- Ability to Interpret policies, procedures and guidelines and apply appropriately;
- Ability to work effectively as part of the Advancement Team;
- Ability to develop donor appeals, acknowledgements and other related correspondence as required;
- Minimum university education, with at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a not-for-profit environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expertise in direct mail and digital marketing strategies;
- Be a mentor for an IB continuum project (Personal Project, PYP Exhibition or Extended Essay).
If you have the majority of the qualifications we’re looking for, we encourage you to express your interest by submitting your application.
Please complete all application instructions below when applying.
UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ persons. UCC embraces pluralism – celebrating differences, cherishing similarities, and giving voice to multiple perspectives. If you are contacted regarding a UCC opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodations.
Please apply online by creating a “Professional/Management” profile account by Tuesday April 5, 2022. We thank all candidates in advance; however, we will contact only those selected for an interview.
As part of your application please include a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, address the following prompt:
- Upper Canada College values diversity as a source of strength. How would you contribute to the diversity of Upper Canada College in your role?
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca