Associate Director, Annual Programs
To express your interest in this position, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the June 30, 2022 deadline.
About SHN Foundation:
Situated in one of the most diverse communities in Canada, Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHN Foundation) inspires the support necessary to improve patients’ lives through exceptional care at Scarborough Health Network across three hospitals and eight satellite sites. Since its inception, the Foundation has worked with generous donors, volunteers, and community members to raise funds needed to build state-of-the-art infrastructure and purchase the latest medical technology, supporting SHN’s vision to be Canada’s leading community teaching health network.
SHN Foundation has launched its $100 million fundraising campaign to support expanded emergency departments, integrated communities of care, accessible medical imaging and barrier-free mental health care.
Our first ever mass marketing campaign, titled Love, Scarborough, aims to close Toronto’s health care gap by driving donations not just from Scarborough, but across the GTA. The integrated campaign can be found on TV, radio, cinema, print, and online. Find out more about this compelling campaign by visiting www.lovescarborough.ca.
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and accomplished fundraising professional to join the Scarborough Health Network (SHN) Foundation as the Associate Director, Annual Programs. Reporting to the Vice President, Community Development, this role will lead the strategic direction and operational activities of the direct response, monthly donors, memorial and tribute, and honour your caregiver (SHN Superstars) programs.
The Associate Director, Annual Programs will oversee the development, integration, execution and analysis of the annual giving portfolio to maximize revenue generation and achieve ambitious key performance indicators (KPIs) across all annual programs.
Donor-centric and service-oriented, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with their colleagues in Philanthropy, Marketing and Communications and Stewardship to deliver an unparalleled donor experience, fortifying donor loyalty and maximizing each donor’s journey with SHN Foundation.
This position requires a self-motivated individual who is adept at thinking strategically while executing all operational aspects of the program.
- In conjunction with the Vice President, Community Development, and any agency partners, develop and implement targeted direct response marketing campaigns designed to achieve growth objectives while maintaining effective cost ratios.
- Develop, implement, monitor and analyze the annual operating plans and budget for the annual program.
- Execute strategy and evaluate a fully integrated direct response program (e.g., direct mail, monthly giving, digital giving, telemarketing and/or door-to-door), with a particular focus on new donor acquisition, retention and driving growth for the digital giving programs.
- Lend writing and creative expertise to support the design, storytelling and creative elements of the direct response program.
- Extract and segment data from Raiser’s Edge for delivery to mail house or use in email marketing.
- Build and oversee the strategy to expand the memorial/tribute programs, setting and achieving ambitious KPIs.
- Work collaboratively with development colleagues to build and execute strategies designed to maximize each donor’s journey with SHN Foundation.
- In partnership with the Director, Stewardship and Donor Engagement, ensure that a strong stewardship program for annual donors is in place.
- Work with the Manager, Database and Operations and Coordinator, Database to ensure gift transactions are processed accurately and appropriately, and to build, maintain and deliver timely annual program analysis and reporting.
- Maintain accurate, professional and current prospect and donor records and regularly monitor and interpret data, revenue targets, metrics, and department goals for key stakeholders.
- Manage operational aspects of every appeal, including scheduling with stakeholders, creative development, data extraction, and vendor management.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive annual program experience, with specific experience managing and analyzing a multi-channel annual program.
- Expert knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, including segmentation, data extraction and manipulation.
- Proficient with online donation platforms (Luminate, AKA raisin, etc.), including creation of and subsequent reporting of online campaigns
- Experience working in partnership with a direct response agency.
- Demonstrated success moving prospective donors through the donor cycle.
- Thorough understanding of, and appreciation for, the role of stewardship and personal, direct experience with stewardship delivery.
- Drive to achieve success and meet financial targets and other KPIs.
- Proven ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience developing campaigns in languages outside of English considered an asset.
- Reputation for integrity, and a professional and exceptional donor-centric service approach.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- A demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation considered an asset.
- Healthcare philanthropy experience considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Annual salary range for this position is $75,000 to $95,000 depending on applicable experience
- Compensation is supplemented by an annual performance bonus, a robust benefit program, and other perquisites
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Number: TBD
Job Title: Associate Director, Annual Programs
Job Category: Foundation
Location: Centenary site; travel is required to other sites as necessary
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Hours: Monday to Friday with flexibility for some evenings and weekends
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022; applicants will be screened throughout the application period