Associate Director, Fundraising Operations & Analytics
Campfire Circle has offered healing through happiness for thousands of kids and families affected by childhood cancer since 1983. It’s where kids can be kids, and families can be families—engaging in camp-inspired community, in-hospital, and overnight camp programs, at no cost to them. As a privately funded organization, Campfire Circle donors make thousands of life-changing experiences possible for Campers throughout the year, all across Ontario.
Campfire Circle is currently seeking an Associate Director, Fundraising Operations & Analytics for an 18 month contract ending in November 2024. The Associate Director leads the fundraising operations team within Development department. As a collaborative and analytical leader, they develop and execute process improvements, programs and policies to provide a best in class multi-stakeholder experience, overseeing core processes related to gift processing, database management, prospect research, analytics and reporting.
The Associate Director, Fundraising Operations & Analytics is supported by and manages the Manager, Donor Experience & Gift Processing, and the Coordinator, Prospect Research to achieve Camp’s vision to:
- Provide the safest and most enriching year-round camp experience for children living with cancer, and
- Provide kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching and magical experiences.
- Develop, execute and evaluate the Donor Experience business plans and performance goals aligned with the organization’s overall strategy and values.
- Lead the development and oversight of fundraising operations functions.
- Evaluate performance and achievement of strategic objectives and metrics.
- Lead the budget management and resources of the Donor Experience team.
- Collaborate across the department and organization to implement information systems, infrastructure, policies and procedures to support best practice donor relationship management.
Fundraising Analytics & Research
- Supports pipeline development and strategy through reports and analytics.
- Develops reports and mechanisms to track moves management and fundraising KPIs.
- Works with team to develop donor segmentation models to effectively track, communicate and upgrade donors across fundraising channels.
- Monitors and reports fundraising performance, developing reports for leadership team, committees & Board of Directors.
- Oversees prospect research processes, templates and procedures and ensure the prospect research needs are resourced in a timely manner
- Oversees donor lead generation through gift analysis and collaborating research to contribute toward the donor pipeline development.
Fundraising Operations & Database Management
- Oversee the management and maximizing of the organization CRM database (Raisers Edge), its architecture and functionality and the team that supports it.
- Proactively sets up mapping systems and processes to support integration from multiple sources into the Raiser’s Edge such as Engaging Networks, camper database, Race Roster, JMG Importer Tool and Omatic.
- Lead the maintenance and operation of the Raiser’s Edge, including data integrity, user interface, database design, global updates and security.
- Oversee the creation of all code tables, user rights and security groups and all global changes/imports.
- Leads the Donor Experience team to develop, export, segment and clean stakeholder lists and custom reports, including importing and aggregating data from various sources.
- Work with vendors and external project leads to deploy new solutions and updates.
- Oversee training, policies and processes related to database and data collection / integrity, fundraising operations to promote data accuracy and insights.
- Monitor trends of process and resource needs and identify solutions and process improvements.
- Provide oversight and direction to staff in accordance with the department’s strategic planning and annual objectives. Develop clear and concise guidelines to identify group projects and how to track progress.
- Working with Human Resources, actively participate in the recruitment and selection process.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and training opportunities.
- Manage staff performance and development by maintaining regular check-ins, documenting and addressing achievements and areas of improvement. Lead the annual goal-setting performance review process.
- Oversee gift processing and certain financial controls, reports related to audit, as approved by the CFO in accordance to CRA guidelines.
- Actively identifies opportunities to refine gift processing business rules and operations to improve efficiencies, quality and ease of completion.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in reporting, database management and analytics with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases.
- Experience managing prospect research
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff and working cross-functionally
- Proficiency with SQL, relational database modeling, database applications and integrations tools, client/server solutions (i.e. Crystal Reports, Tableau, Engaging Networks, Raiser’s Edge & Omatic).
- Experienced with a variety of donation management tools, management and email tools.
- Experience in developing and adhering to a budget and business plan.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic business plans.
- Experience with gift processing process, CRA policies, monthly and yearly reconciliation to support financial audits.
- Proven experience in both fundraising operations and designing and delivering donor-centric fundraising programs.
- Strong administrative and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate vision and strategy into tactics and actions.
- Highly motivated, proactive and persistent, understanding how to work collaboratively with individuals and teams in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and change initiatives with excellent project management, organization, and budgeting abilities.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic business plans.
- Experience developing and delivering effective training to stakeholders of all learning styles.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a wide array of audiences.
- Current police reference check with vulnerable sector screening.
In accordance with our mandate of creating a caring and safe environment for ill children and their families, we require attestation of childhood vaccinations, updated Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 for all of our staff. We also require that all staff be currently eligible to work in Canada.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
- Experience with Race Roster and CampSite software
- More than 2 years of management experience
- CFRE designation
- Current G or G2 driver’s license with the ability to be covered by camp’s insurance policy.
- The position involves occasional evening and weekend commitments.
- This position is a hybrid position in an open concept office, with 2-3 days a week being spent in the office.
- The position requires some physical labour in supporting events and other duties as required
- In consideration of the population Campfire Circle serves, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive annual salary range of $75,000 – $85,000. In addition, Campfire Circle is invested in our staff’s health, wellness and career growth and to support this we offer a comprehensive benefits package (premiums fully paid by the organization with the exception of Long Term Disability), a wellness benefit up to $500 annually, paid vacation time plus a paid winter shutdown period up to eight days, flexible hybrid work arrangements and on-going professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject reading 2023026 – Associate Director, Fundraising Operations & Analytics.
Don’t meet every single requirement in this posting? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or requirement we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate!
This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Campfire Circle, please visit www.campfirecircle.org – No phone calls please.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Campfire Circle is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to providing equitable opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment.
We are equally committed to providing an inclusive and accessible workplace. Applicants requiring accommodations to access our job postings and apply for roles with our organization are invited to reach out to our HR Team at email@example.com or in a manner that fits their accessibility needs, and can trust that their application will be considered equitably for our available roles. Contact information for our HR Team is located on our website at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/careers/, and more information about our accessibility commitments can be found at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/accessibility-at-campfire-circle/.
Campfire Circle is grateful for Indigenous communities’ stewardship of the land that we occupy—including the traditional territory of many nations including the Anishnabeg, the Chippewas, the Haudenosaunee peoples, and many other diverse First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. We aspire to be deserving stewards of the land, in partnership with them.