Associate Director, Major Gifts
Do you care about community health? Are you a natural networker with an entrepreneurial spirit?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to bring their expertise to the role of Associate Director, Major Gifts at Michael Garron Hospital Foundation.
To support the healthcare needs of our vibrant and diverse community, Michael Garron Hospital Foundation is growing our major gift team. This growth comes on the heels of our successful Heart of the East Campaign which raised $126M against a $100M goal. We are inspired by our momentum and our commitment to ensure the best possible care for those we serve.
Reporting to the Vice President, Major Gifts and Planned Giving, the Associate Director, Major Gifts will develop and manage their own portfolio of major gift donors. In collaboration with Foundation staff, board, volunteers, and physicians, the successful candidate will further enhance the positioning and fundraising effectiveness of the Foundation in concert with the Hospital and Foundation’s overall objectives.
Join our dynamic team as we support Michael Garron Hospital in meeting the evolving needs of one of Canada’s most diverse communities.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 100-125 donors/prospects including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Support and provide direction and responsive service to senior level volunteer partners and physicians engaged in major gift fundraising activities
- Work with colleagues to ensure the proper stewardship of donors before, during, and after a gift, to maintain the donor’s involvement, interest and support, including detailed follow through reporting and donor activity schedules
- Provide strong leadership, developing, planning and implementing fund raising strategies to reach or exceed financial targets including assisting in the annual preparation of the major gift budget
- Serve as the foundation’s point of contact for a portfolio of hospital programs. Encourage and lead grateful patient philanthropy from these programs. Ensure that programs are spending their donations appropriately. Act as a foundation resource for questions related to these programs.
- Offer prospect strategy counsel to colleagues who are managing other prospects, specifically acting as a resource across the Foundation to help identify synergies and connections
- Develop funding proposals and impact reports in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team
- Support our Events team by identifying and soliciting event volunteers and prospects.
Education and Credentials
- University/College degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CFRE designation is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in fundraising gifts of $25,000 and up at a senior level
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team to develop strategies that ensure personal and Foundation goals are reached
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of volunteer board members and physicians
- The energy, enthusiasm, stamina, and flexibility to keep pace in this fast moving organization
- A creative approach to increasing the level of support for the Foundation
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to manage people, processes, deadlines while adhering to policies and procedures
- Ability to get along with colleagues and volunteers and maintain a positive, constructive attitude while problem solving
- Knowledge of Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is an asset
- Experience with managing a donor pipeline with responsibility for planning, maintaining and executing strategic initiatives in major gifts
- Experience working with volunteers
- Proven proposal and presentation delivery experience
- Raisers’s Edge experience an asset
- Microsoft Office, e-mail and Internet applications
- Superb performance and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
About Michael Garron Hospital Foundation
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation engages our community and inspires investment in support of our hospital to make a lasting impact on the health and well-being of everyone in East Toronto. With our colleagues, hospital partners, volunteers, donors and the community we serve, we continually work to:
- Channel our passion and pride to achieve excellence in everything we undertake
- Set a high standard for ourselves and for our team
- Be passionate champions of Michael Garron Hospital and philanthropy
- Foster a respectful team environment that is committed to diversity and inclusion
- Embrace our mission each and every day
We value collaboration, innovation, integrity and respect.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
We offer an industry leading pension plan (HOOPP), a comprehensive group health and dental benefits package, fitness classes and gym membership, an employee discount program, and tuition assistance. Our salary range is $100,000 – $147,500 with annual increases and a performance-based bonus.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 29, 2023. We will be reviewing packages as they are received, therefore early applications are encouraged. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.