ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING
We are seeking an Associate Director of Annual Giving to join Weizmann Canada’s (About Us) high performing team. You will be responsible for the leadership, management, and execution of Weizmann Canada’s annual giving program. Reporting to and working directly with the Associate Vice President Philanthropy, you will play a vital role in growing philanthropic revenue and donor affinity to Weizmann. You will be responsible for setting and executing annual fund solicitation strategies, planning and implementing annual fundraising campaigns focused on customization, personalization and targeted segmentation, and pipeline development.
You will be based in Toronto or Montreal.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Brings previous experience successfully building annual fund strategies and donor relationships
- Is goal-orientated and motivated to achieve targets
- Brings a business mindset and a disciplined approach to planning, goal setting, and performance
- Is optimistic and able to forecast revenues and manage expectations in an effective manner
- University degree (minimum undergraduate) and/or CFRE
- 5+ years in a fundraising role with a proven track record of success with annual fund programs
- Proven experience in direct marketing with a successful track record in donor and revenue long term growth
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors
- Experience in the development of effective and efficient Mid-Level and Monthly donor programs
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Committed to a high level of professionalism while adhering to best practices in the not for profit/philanthropic sector
- Experience in budget development
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational and analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- A valid passport is required
- Responsible for the management and implementation of Weizmann’s Annual Giving program
- Work with the AVP to establish long term goals and objectives
- Direct the strategic planning, management and ongoing evaluation of the annual fund database (up to $25,000)
- Lead a comprehensive annual plan that would include the strategic engagement, solicitation, and retention of current donors
- Responsible for the annual revenue goal and focus on making solicitations to donors in the up to $25,000 range
- Work together with the communications team to strategically plan, implement, and manage the annual giving campaign, ensuring maximum growth potential and results, and testing new approaches where appropriate (such as direct mail, donor acquisition, online fundraising)
- Work together with research to develop, plan and implement strategies for identifying Principal and Major Gifts prospects from the annual giving pipeline
- Ensure the Annual Fund Program schedules align with other revenue generation and outreach activities
- Participate in the strategic planning for the fundraising unit.
- Provide oversight for the Catalyst Circle, monthly giving, Planned Giving and Tribute programs and assesses new opportunities to promote and cultivate program participation
- Work together with Donor & Volunteer Relations to ensure appropriate stewardship and recognition
- Develop and implement a sustainable direct marketing program to help meet fundraising goals
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CULTURE:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Candidate submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain open until filled.