Associate Director of Development University Advancement
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to becoming Canada’s leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our institutional culture. Our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we’re proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
University Advancement (UA) is a comprehensive development and alumni relations enterprise serving the priorities of Ryerson’s academic plan. Our mission is to build lifelong relationships, engaging alumni and friends, faculty and staff, and corporations and foundations, and matching their interests with the needs and priorities of the university. University Advancement at Ryerson is a dedicated team of professionals, committed to collaboration, diversity, and integrity, and to being trustworthy stewards of our donors’ investments.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director of Development (ADOD) to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of leadership gift and sponsorship prospects and developing and implementing plans for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of such gifts. The candidate will ensure proper stewardship takes place following a gift to maintain the donor’s involvement, interest and support. They will also oversee the planning and execution of related events, manage work plans and calendars. The candidate will divide their time between supporting the activities of the Lincoln Alexander School of Law and university-wide initiatives.
The Associate Director of Development will support the cultivation and solicitation activities of volunteers. They will also assist in the researching and writing of proposals, grant applications and other fundraising materials as it relates to individual, foundation and corporate prospects in supporting Ryerson’s fundraising goals.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in a related field and three (3) years to five (5) years experience of progressively responsible fundraising, sponsorship and development management experience preferably in an educational environment.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to identify and implement major gift strategic planning and solicitation strategies.
- Must possess a working knowledge of complex information systems, prospect tracking, research, tax laws, basic financial planning and deferred giving programs.
- Experience with documentation and presentation preparation related to fundraising strategy.
- Experience managing and training volunteers and volunteer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the University.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and creativity and imagination.
- Exceptional interpersonal/social interaction skills.
- Prospect identification skills, knowledge of research methodology and skills in the evaluation, rating and moves management of prospects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, especially in the area of proposal writing and interaction with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in the use of a fundraising database and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
|Reports to||Executive Director, Advancement, Lincoln Alexander School of Law, (with dotted line reporting to the Senior Director, Advancement)|
|End date||1 year from the start date|
|Hours of work||36.25|
|Salary Scale||$73,640 – $117,632 (hiring range: $73,640 – $95,636)|
|HR Contact||Renee Gordon, HR Consulting Advisor|
|Posting date||January 19, 2022|
|Closing date||January 26, 2022|
Qualified MAC employees will be interviewed before members of other employee groups.
We encourage all First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples or Indigenous peoples of North America, to self-identify in their applications and also reach out to Tracey King, Indigenous Human Resources Lead for support during the selection process.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be required to complete an occupational assessment.
Applications will only be accepted online through Ryerson’s careersite.
Ryerson University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and aims to ensure that independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of the university culture.
We will provide an accessible experience for applicants, students, employees, and members of the Ryerson community. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the recruitment process. If you have restrictions that need to be accommodated to fully participate in any phase of the recruitment process, please reach out to: email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Important Notice to applicants during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, all employees have been equipped to work from home until further notice. New employees will also work from home with the exception of those who have been deemed ‘essential’ and are required to be on campus. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually.