Associate Director, Philanthropy
Associate Director, Philanthropy
Location: Toronto, ON
At the core of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada’s identity is a commitment to medical ethics, independence, neutrality, and impartiality. We go where people’s medical needs are greatest, no matter which country they are from or what conflict they are engaged in. These ideals have driven every aspect of our work – from medical care and logistics to finance and communications – since MSF was established in 1971.
MSF Canada is looking for a leader for our Philanthropy teams who:
- enjoys cultivating relationships with diverse teams of fundraising professionals and donors
- is energized and motivated through fundraising for an international humanitarian organization with far reaching impact
- sees the big picture and thrives in creating and implementing strategies to meet goals
The successful candidate will:
- know how to inspire, motivate, coach, and manage a dynamic and diverse team of passionate fundraisers and sets an example of professional leadership
- demonstrably possess our core competencies including commitment to the MSF principles (neutrality, impartiality, and independence); cross-cultural awareness; analytical thinking; planning and organizing; strategic vision; and people management and development
- have senior professional management experience in the philanthropic sector, motivating and stewarding a portfolio of high-level donors
- have in depth knowledge of corporate and foundation giving interests and trends and knowledge of how to transform mid-level giving programs
- integrate lived experience and/or experience in organizational change oriented towards improved Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism (AOAR) and models EDI and AOAR values through leadership and integrates them into all internal and external aspects of the role
MSF Canada’s positive and innovative office culture is grounded in core values of humanity, integrity, and results. Our working conditions include:
- flexible work hours (core hours 10am-3pm), with some weekends/evenings
- a hybrid working model allowing up to 60% ‘work-from-anywhere’ with 40% presence in office per week
- an open concept office and workspace is shared with colleagues
- domestic travel (20 to 25%) and occasional international travel (<10%) may be required
- Interaction with donors/prospects and the public at large
- Highly demanding position with multiple priorities
- High levels of stress and/or pressure
MSF Canada proudly offers all employees a comprehensive total rewards program including:
- 5% RRSP contributions (no matching required)
- Health Spending Account
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Group insurance (Life, Dependent Life, AD&D)
- Peace of Mind plan (i.e. prescription drugs, accidental dental, hospital care, etc.)
- Starting 4 weeks of vacation per year
- Annual professional development budget
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
We greatly appreciate interest from individuals belonging to equity seeking groups and we encourage individuals to self-identify if they wish. MSF Canada is a people-focused humanitarian organization that is proud to offer a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive work environment. We strongly believe this approach enhances our work and we’re committed to equity in employment. We thank you for your interest in MSF Canada.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by providing their resume and responding to the online application questions (in lieu of providing a cover letter).
The application deadline is Wednesday, 29 June 2022 9:00am EDT. A complete detailed job description is available here.
NOTE: Any questions or concerns regarding accommodation and accessibility may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.