Associate Manager, Direct Response
Associate Manager, Direct Response
For forty years, we have maintained a steadfast dedication to our mission: supporting the vulnerable youth who come through our doors. To this day, we remain committed to this duty.
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of services to hundreds of young people every day. More than a place to stay, we provide 24/7 crisis shelter and transitional housing on-site and in the community, along with comprehensive services including education, counselling, health care, employment assistance, job training and after-care. Since 1982, Covenant House has supported more than 100,000 young people.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. This includes influencing public policy, leading awareness and prevention programs and continually building and sharing our knowledge. As a learning organization, we strive for excellence and programs with impact.
We provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We meet youth’s immediate needs and then we work together to achieve their future goals.
Thanks to our donors, who contribute 80 per cent of our $44.2-million annual operating budget, we are able to deliver these comprehensive programs and services.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Associate Manger, Direct Response is to manage the offline direct response acquisition program. The role requires a strong project manager, excellent attention to detail with advanced Excel skills, strong data manipulation and analysis capabilities.
This individual will work closely with colleagues across the direct response department to develop and execute campaigns that will increase the lifetime value of this donor group. They will also work with the data services and donor services teams to provide the best donor experience by improving processes, practices, and systems.
The Direct Response department is responsible for more than 65% of the agency’s fundraising revenue ($21.5M). It runs a sophisticated and growing integrated omni channel program. The team is comprised of technical specialists in all areas of direct marketing and is seeking a motivated, self starter with traditional skills to join the team.
- Support the development and planning for donor and acquisition programs.
- Assist with the creation of annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Review department performance results and identify cost inefficiencies related to donor activities.
- Support the development of appeal themes, letters, and packages by researching and monitoring communications story bank for content and campaign performance evaluations.
- Ensure key messages and statistics are current and consistently meet brand standards.
- Create and manage trade lists partner requests and make recommendations as required.
- Track trade and rental performance and existing commitments.
- Work with internal and external teams to prepare donor segments to target.
- Work with data vendor to provide business rules and data for merge/purge for acquisition mailings.
- Coordinate with suppliers and campaign plan execution including sign off on strategy, content, creative assets, and data segmentation.
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure campaign deliverables meet critical deadlines.
- Promote multi-channel options and other fundraising programs on campaigns to enhance growth opportunities.
- Develop and present campaign briefing documents for internal teams that include appending appeal tracking for reporting and Q & A to support customer service inquiries and donation processing requirements.
- Work with internal teams to develop, monitor, and report on campaign results and program KPIs.
- Perform data extractions and performance analysis of raw data to support strategies.
- Ensure excellent data hygiene practice.
- Additional duties as required.
- University degree preferably in marketing or relative experience
- 5 years direct marketing experience
- Understanding of acquisition and lapsed donor reactivation programs and direct experience elevating response and gift levels
- Working knowledge of the use of various communication channels in direct marketing
- Proficient and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform data analysis from raw data
- Experience running advanced queries and exports in Raiser’s Edge is considered an asset
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.
To ensure the safety of our staff, youth and volunteers, Covenant House Toronto has implemented a mandatory COVID 19 Vaccination Policy in compliance with the City of Toronto. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, exemptions will only be granted to individuals based on applicable medical/religious grounds.