Associate Manager, Events
Associate Manager, Events
Covenant House helps youth ignite their potential and reclaim their lives. As Canada’s largest agency serving youth who are homeless, trafficked or at risk, we offer the widest range of 24-7 services to more than 300 young people each day.
As a national leader, we educate and advocate for long-term change to improve the lives of vulnerable youth. More than a place to stay, we provide life-changing care with unconditional love and respect. We offer housing options, health and well-being support, training and skills development, and ongoing care once youth move into the community.
As a primary self-funded agency we raise 75% of our $40 million annual operating budget.
Reporting to the Manager, Events, the Associate Manager, Events is responsible for the execution of select Covenant House signature events (Sleep Out Events, Main Mission & Guts Glory) and some high-profile third-party events. They ensure these events are successfully run by overseeing operational details, managing internal and external stakeholders and inspiring volunteers. They must possess solid oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills. This person is collaborative, self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about the cause.
Key responsibilities pertaining to this role include:
- Works with the Manager, Events to implement current recognition program and ensure that donors and prospects are stewarded appropriately
- Conducts House tours for event participants, donors and sponsors
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key partners, vendors, sponsors and participants
- Tracks participant and donor activities in Rasier’s Edge
- Serves as the primary contact for signature events and supports all fundraising activities and logistics
- Develops creative brief, tactical brief and work back schedules needed for signature events and ensures that all timelines are met
- Responsible for implementation and execution of event plans
- Conducts research and negotiates with event vendors for optimum service and pricing
- Secures insurance for venues and any additional licensing requirements
- Works with internal teams to manage event content, including event messaging, fundraising toolkits, and event programming
- Manages and attends third party events as assigned
Strategic Planning/Budget Management
- Provides input to develop and manage annual plans (fundraising events – in person, virtual & hybrid) and budgets to support the strategic vision for the area
- Assists Manager, Events in managing and growing team revenue portfolio of $2M+
- Work closely with Manager, Events and Communications team to develop and execute marketing strategies and to develop content for event marketing materials and promotions
- Solicit, manage and activate sponsorships, ensuring that all sponsorship deliverables are met
- Identifies and manages influencer involvement/participation in signature events
- Determines, defines, and oversees volunteers for signature events
- Recognize & thank all volunteers post event
- Post secondary education, preferably in fundraising, events or a related field
- 3-5 years’ previous work experience preferably in a non-profit environment
- Must have prior event management experience of large events
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Proven ability to work under pressure, managing competing deadlines, and changes to project scope
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with ability to cultivate effective professional networks and relationships with community individuals, groups and businesses
- Experience with the Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Experience with Peer-to-Peer software an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of gaming industry and current market trends an asset
- Knowledge of current event marketing strategies an asset
- Knowledge of issues surrounding youth homelessness an asset
What we offer:
- Meaningful work
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Days, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement and more)
- Paid vacation time
- Employee perks
Hiring Salary: $55,000 – $65,000
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (please include cover letter in the same document as the resume) to Cecille de la Cruz firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 10th, 2022 with the subject line: Associate Manager, Events Application. Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an employer, Covenant House is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities we serve. We encourage applications from qualified individuals who represent diverse communities. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Covenant House Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Covenant House recruitment process.
To ensure the safety of our staff, youth and volunteers, Covenant House Toronto has implemented a mandatory COVID 19 Vaccination Policy in compliance with the City of Toronto. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, exemptions will only be granted to individuals based on applicable medical/religious grounds.