Toronto / Full Time
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote / work from home until further notice. We are about our team and community, and are closely monitoring the evolving situation. CAMH Foundation will continue to make the health and safety of our team a top priority.
Hi! I’m Alison Parks, Operations Manager, Philanthropy. I’m fueled by my passion to create meaningful change in how we study, understand, and treat mental illness, and the life-changing role philanthropy can play.
I believe relationships and storytelling are at the heart of fundraising. This means proactively building and strengthening partnerships, being an exceptional team player with a go-getter attitude, and inspiring hope through the stories we share.
I invite you to join me for a conversation about your interest in CAMH, have the chance to meet members of our incredible team, and tell me more about how your career aspirations align with our bold journey to create a world where mental health is health.
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health teaching hospital and one of the world’s leading research centres in its field. With a dedicated staff of more than 3,000 physicians, clinicians, researchers, educators and support staff, CAMH offers outstanding clinical care to more than 34,000 patients each year. The organization conducts ground-breaking research, provides expert training to health care professionals and scientists, develops innovative health promotion and prevention strategies, and advocates on public policy issues at all levels of government.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds in support of CAMH. Its role is to help transform the way we understand and address mental illness by raising awareness and increasing engagement across the country. Generous and dedicated supporters help CAMH advance discovery and innovation, build spaces that promote recovery, and break down the stigma of mental illness.
With a vision to inspire philanthropy to solve the greatest mental health challenges of our time, the Philanthropy team is responsible for inspiring philanthropic support from individuals in the private sector, making up over 70% of CAMH Foundation’s annual revenue. As members of the team, we are committed to being positive culture carriers, adaptable change agents, clear, proactive communicators and to leading a culture of helpfulness. Team members approach their work from the perspective of curiosity and a common purpose to nurture life-long relationships outside and inside CAMH.
The Associate, Philanthropy provides administrative leadership and strategic fundraising support to the Philanthropy team. The role is responsible for supporting senior team members in managing and implementing strategies and activities that support the effective discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the Foundation’s most significant supporters.
- Proactively provide strategic fundraising and operations support to senior members of the Philanthropy Team, including the executive leadership, Director, Principal Gifts, and senior fundraisers in the management and activation of their portfolios of donors and prospects at all stages of engagement.
- Maintain donor information on a centralized database (Raiser’s Edge), and prepare and distribute reports using various software tools and business intelligence platforms.
- Ensure proper electronic filing of proposals, donor gift agreements, acknowledgements, stewardship letters and reports, and correspondence.
- Initiate and support activities that arise from individualized donor strategies, solicitation and stewardship plans, including prompting outreaching, drafting complex written materials and correspondence, invitations, reports, and other communications.
- Liaise with the offices of donors, hospital staff and volunteers to assist in the coordination and execution of personalized tours and meetings (virtual and in person), donor agreements, pledge payments and receipting, reporting, and recognition.
- Collaborate with business partners to help implement and deliver best-in-class, meaningful stewardship, including informal and formal reporting, recognition, gift announcements and celebrations, and personalized engagement touchpoints.
- Lead Today Campaign prospect management for the Campaign Cabinet Co-Chairs and select senior volunteers, including but not limited to tracking of prospect activity, drafting meeting agendas and materials, and consolidating priority prospect activity.
- Schedule internal and external meetings with volunteers and their networks of donors and potential supporters, and senior hospital leaders, including in-person and virtual salons, campus tours, and meetings with hospital clinicians and researchers.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with senior professional fundraising staff and volunteers. Major gifts and/or campaign experience in a hospital or university setting would be an asset. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Evidence of leadership, initiative, and exceptional judgement, and proven ability to exercise diplomacy.
- Excellent at building mutually beneficial internal and external relationships to achieve results.
- Exceptional communication skills with evidence of strong and persuasive writing skills complemented by superior attention to detail.
- Experience with engaging with senior corporate offices.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Highly driven and strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and energized by changing priorities.
- Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and internet tools. Familiarity with and aptitude for Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends required.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe this is the position that will make you excited to come into work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Salary Range: $56,000 – $63,000
CAMH Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! Please contact HR.Foundation@camh.ca.We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Our north star is creating hope and improving outcomes for people facing mental illness. We work in respectful partnerships with each other and our hospital partners to inspire philanthropy and raise awareness in support of mental health.
Our north star is creating hope and improving outcomes for people facing mental illness. We work in respectful partnerships with each other and our hospital partners to inspire philanthropy and raise awareness in support of mental health.
To apply: Please click here.
CAMH is a Tobacco-Free Organization.
CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a teaching hospital and research institute. As a CAMH employee, you will be expected to actively support CAMH’s teaching and research activities, in addition to supporting the clinical work of the hospital.
At CAMH, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive employer. Our commitment to equity is grounded in an institution-wide commitment to achieving a working, teaching, and learning environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
CAMH actively seeks candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities (including people who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges).
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us if you require accommodations during the interview process.