|Posted On:||June 3, 2022|
|Location:||Hybrid (Home Office/Toronto Office)|
|Reports to:||Senior Director, Programs|
|Role type:||Full time, permanent|
Are you passionate about empowering the next generation? Are you motivated by educating and inspiring young people to succeed? If you’re looking to develop a rewarding career in an impact-driven, youth-focused charity, we’d love to hear from you!
JA Central Ontario is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic Associate, Programs that reports to the Senior Director, Programs. The Associate, Programs recruits, screens, coordinates, trains, and stewards JA Central Ontario’s (JACO) Community Volunteers and individuals for program delivery. The Associate, Programs is also responsible for booking programs with educators and capturing the details in Salesforce.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create recruiting materials for volunteer opportunities
- Work with Director, Marketing to post for community volunteer opportunities and website updates
- Recruit volunteers through groups, organizations, and individuals; attend volunteer fairs and recruitment events as required.
- Complete volunteer screening for all volunteers, including vulnerable sector screening and reference checks
- Maintain and update volunteer records in Salesforce on a timely basis.
- Coordinate training and program deliveries for all registered Volunteers.
- Appropriately steward volunteers.
- Book classes and liaise with educators to confirm availability for program deliveries.
- Outline expectations for participation in JACO events and programs for both volunteers and teachers.
- Assist with Program and Fundraising events, coordinate program material, and be available to go into classrooms to facilitate program delivery (staff days and cancellation coverage).
- Work with community groups
- Identify opportunities for growth of volunteers and funding, including database research to highlight prospecting opportunities for the Partnership team
- Research new communities for new schools and track them in our database
- Work closely with the Director, Programs on fulfilling grant and foundations funding requirements
- Track grant and foundation deliverables and review surveys and feedback for impact reports
- Assist with funded programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Experience working or volunteering in the school system.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Experience working with various community groups and developing and maintaining relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Experience working with multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Critical thinking skills to anticipate and manage potential risks.
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision, manage time and organize tasks.
- Fluency in English with excellent written, verbal and online communication skills.
- Technologically proficient (Windows XP, Windows Office Suite, Salesforce, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-functional team.
- Valid G2 or G Ontario driving license and access to a vehicle and insurance.
- Remote-first / hybrid office arrangement, with offices in the Toronto office.
- Flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Travel within the service region, as required.
The salary range for this position begins at $53,000 and can be negotiated based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, professional development support, generous paid time-off, and an RSP program.
As JA Central Ontario is a youth-serving organization, offers of employment are conditional on the review of references and a Police Reference Check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with Associate, Programs in the subject line. Be sure to tell us what makes you a great candidate for this role and why you want to join JA. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
JA Central Ontario is an equal opportunity employer, who values the diversity of our employees and those we serve. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation measures in the hiring process, please let us know in advance. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
JA Central Ontario is a charity on a mission to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a changing global economy. Working in Halton, Peel, Toronto, York, Durham, and Simcoe regions, we bridge the gap between education and the world of work, providing 30,000+ students in grades 3-12 with essential financial literacy, work-readiness, and entrepreneurship skills and experiences. A member of JA Canada and part of JA Worldwide, JA is the world’s largest not-for-profit dedicated to educating young people about business.