Associate Specialist, Legacy Giving & Estate Administration
Across the many cultures and individuals that represent WWF, we are unified by one mission and one common set of values:
Courage to work for change where it’s needed and to inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
Integrity to live the principles we call on others to meet and to rely on traditional science and Indigenous knowledge to guide us.
Respect to honour the voices and knowledge of the communities that we serve.
Collaboration to deliver impact through collective action and innovation.
This role involves managing estate administration, having a basic understanding of gift planning vehicles and relevant legal and accounting frameworks. The individual will provide support for the Legacy Giving program, including planning, budgeting, reporting, and campaign activities. They should be an effective communicator to inspire confidence in WWF-Canada with external stakeholders. A donor-centered approach to fundraising and the ability to work collaboratively with integrated teams are essential qualities for this professional and diplomatic position.
- Manage Estate administration:
- Act as point person for all Estate gifts across the full Estate administration lifecycle
- Receive and process Estate mail in office and ensure files are up to date
- Ensure all gifts are coded accurately, with appropriate donor recognition
- Review and confirm accuracy of all correspondence for Estate gifts including statement of accounts, legal documentation and releases
- Prepare and execute all correspondence for review and approval
- Provide recommendations and escalate as necessary when complex issues arise and/or legal action may be required
- Proactively engage with Estate executors, lawyers, and other charitable beneficiaries to build relationships, mitigate when issues arise, obtain status updates, & confirm distribution schedules driving towards KPI goals of reducing administration time and overall program efficiency
- Create, provide, and review Estate revenue projections for program reporting needs, including monthly reports of received gifts, expected gifts, and others as needed;
- Execute Estate administration in line with program KPIs; suggest and implement new relevant KPIs to improve process
- Manage up to date electronic and paper records for all Estate donors, including updating Raiser’s Edge gift proposals, and documenting all communications regarding the estate on donor records;
- Coordinate Legacy Giving program budget including tracking revenue received and pipeline projections; coding expenses; preparation of internal report summaries and thoughtful review of budget compared to expenditures
- Support the stewardship and recognition of new and existing endowment fund donors, including preparing stewardship reports and coordinating communication with Major Gifts team
- Manage process for gifts of securities internally and with WWF broker, ensuring teams are notified, gifts are received and coded, and donor stewardship completed
- Work in collaboration with Major Gifts, Community Giving, Donor Relations & Services, and the Communications teams to advance program and organizational goals
- Support Legacy Giving campaign activities including direct marketing, communications, events and donor stewardship
- Experience in Legacy Giving field, including Estate Administration
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated follow-through experience
- Demonstrated donor and estate experience and understanding of what’s needed to secure, grow and sustain meaningful and lasting relationships
- Strong focus on detail and accountability
- Proven ability to proactively set and balance priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines while driving to surpass goals
- A hands-on team player who is able to work independently
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM
- Bilingual in French is an asset
- Post-secondary education
- Experience working effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of and/or education in environmental/sustainability issues
Minimum 2 days per week in Toronto office; rest of time remote/home office
Deadline to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, please ensure that your application is received on or before June 30, 2023 at 5pm EST.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
Our vision is a Canada with abundant wildlife where nature and people thrive and we value and rely on diversity of thought, knowledge, expertise, and lived experience to help bring our vision to life.
We recognize that experience comes in many forms and skills are transferable. If you feel that your unique experiences can enhance our vision, we encourage you to apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
We encourage applications from candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including applicants who identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuk (Inuit), Black, racialized, a person with a disability, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
We are committed to a barrier-free and equitable recruitment & selection process. If you are contacted in relation an opportunity to join our team and require an accommodation at any point in the process, please advise the recruiter of your specific needs. We commit to managing these requests in a confidential manner.