Associate Vice President, Philanthropy (Central Canada)
Associate Vice President, Philanthropy (Central Canada)
Weizmann Canada is a community of people who promote science for the benefit of humanity; raising awareness and generating support for the outstanding research being done at the Weizmann Institute of Science. The Weizmann Institute of Science is one of the world’s leading multidisciplinary basic research institutions in the natural and exact sciences. Founded in 1934, the Weizmann Institute has a long history of investigation and discovery rooted in a mission of advancing science for the benefit of humanity.
Since 1964, Weizmann Canada has partnered with individuals, families, foundations, and the business community to develop funding for the Weizmann Institute of Science; sharing the Institute’s research with the Canadian public; and promoting science literacy and educational programs across all age groups. From coast to coast, Weizmann Canada hosts parlour meetings and interactive evenings with Weizmann Institute Scientists; provides opportunities for participation in educational programs for high school students and young adults; and brings Canadians a front row seat to research that has – and will continue to – change the world.
Weizmann Canada is seeking an Associate Vice President, Philanthropy (Central Canada) to join its high performing team. You will ideally be based in Toronto with direct reports in the Toronto office. You are a proven and powerful fundraiser with a demonstrated track record of success securing major and transformative gifts and developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies to meet financial and expectancy targets in support of the Weizmann Institute of Science.
Why consider joining the Weizmann Canada team? Weizmann is committed to lifelong learning and offers:
- a collaborative and supportive team
- the opportunity to be part of a global community making a global impact
- an opportunity to build your network
- the opportunity to interact with scientists and colleagues from around the world
- a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the GTA market continuing to build the profile for Weizmann Canada
- exceptional internal resources to support onboarding and professional development
- highly engaged long-standing committed volunteers and board members
- a dedicated and passionate National Executive Director and CEO who carries her own portfolio of prospects and is committed to mentoring and coaching
- a chance to build Weizmann’s next generation of donors
It is an exciting time to join Weizmann Canada. The organization has seen significant growth in its major gift results over the past decade consistently exceeded its goals thanks to the efforts of its volunteers and team, and the generosity of donors. It has made investments in the team, building for its national support services, as well as adding front-line major gift fundraisers across Canada. The organization continues to build on its current success to take Weizmann Canada to the next level.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Brings previous experience successfully building donor and volunteer relationships
- Is goal-orientated and motivated to achieve targets; has a ‘fearless’ mentality as it relates to donor relations
- Has a track record in identifying prospects, developing relationships, and closing major or transformative gifts and ability to develop their own donor prospect list
- Brings a business mindset and a disciplined approach to planning, goal setting, and performance
- Is optimistic and comfortable with stretch goals, while able to forecast revenues and manage expectations in an effective manner
What you bring to the role:
- Significant experience in a fundraising role with a proven track record of success with major and transformative gifts
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donors
- Proven ability to engage, support and provide leadership to volunteers
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Toronto’s philanthropic community and previous experience working with high-net worth donors
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside Weizmann Canada
- Knowledge of and experience with legacy gifts solicitation and administration is expected in this role, as well as an understanding of Canadian gift planning laws, strategies, and tools
- Committed to a high level of professionalism while adhering to best practices in the not for profit / philanthropic sector
- Experience in budget development and people management
- A valid passport is required
- Proof of vaccination is required
- University degree (minimum undergraduate) and/or CFRE
- Demonstrated experience building a robust fundraising program from “the ground up”
- CFRE designation (is beneficial)
- Experience raising funds across Canada and experience raising funds to support research
Weizmann Canada offers:
- Competitive salary – $140,000 plus to commensurate with experience
- Robust Group Health Benefits plan and pension plan
- Primarily onsite work with flexibility for a work schedule
This search is being conducted on behalf of Weizmann Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
To submit your application by June 27, 2022, please visit http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select/View the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about this career opportunity, please contact Liz Latimer, Senior Search Consultant, at email@example.com, 416.690.5377 or 1.866.647.5149.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.