Business Development Associate
Business Development Associate
One Year Contract (Maternity Leave)
Annual Salary Range: $61,269 – $76,586
Closing Date: Friday, February 3rd, 2023
Indspire has grown and developed into one of the Top 10 Charities of Impact in Canada, that invests in the education of First Nations, Inuit and Métis people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada.
Indspire is seeking a Business Development Associate, reporting to the Director of Partnerships, to execute the successful onboarding and stewardship of Indspire’s institutional sponsors and donors. To generate, process, track and implement all aspects of sponsorship/gift agreements to ensure that benefits, recognition, and activations are fulfilled and data collected and reported in a timely manner.
- Generate and administer sponsorship and gift agreements and successfully fulfill all commitments in order to maximize revenues and ensure supporter renewals;
- Support the Director and colleagues with strategic analysis of benefit activation offerings on an annual basis to ensure that benefits, recognition and activations are generating maximum results;
- Identify growth opportunities for sponsors using foresight and analysis of their goals and objectives;
- Build and maintain relationships with supporters by understanding needs, and anticipating them;
- Support and problem solve during the planning and execution of events and programs to help exceed stakeholder expectations and grow Indspire’s reputation;
- Participate in internal brainstorming and meetings, as well as supporter interactions, to research and support benefit, recognition and activation development to attract new supporters;
- Create and maintain tools, templates and other resources to support revenue growth;
- Collaborate with the Development team and other staff to identify and provide sponsor employee engagement and volunteer opportunities for Indspire programs and operations;
- Identify trends in sponsorship activations and cause marketing, as well as industry best practices to ensure that Indspire is increasing revenue and providing a high level of return to supporters;
- Lead collaboration with other departments as the key contact for all benefit, recognition and activation fulfillment and the collection of data and related content for reports;
- Ensure that supporters and prospects are invited to Indspire events and activities and attends events as appropriate.
- Develop, review, and improve administrative systems, policies, and procedures;
- Maintain a master tracking grid of all sponsor benefits, recognition and activations for events to track and fulfill all obligations to deliver the best possible supporter experience;
- Track and update all event and program results reports and ensure that supporters are invoiced and payments received prior to each fiscal year-end;
- Ensure that all sponsor contacts are up-to-date to support ongoing communication;
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions and reports in database;
- Work closely with all departments to identify and create new revenue generating opportunities and gain an in-depth understanding of Indspire programs;
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Director, Partnerships.
- Completion of a three-year college diploma or university degree or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of four years’ experience and success in project or account management in a non-profit organization or similar environment.
- A broad knowledge of sponsorship and corporate social responsibility practices;
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred.
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training.
- Demonstrated skills managing timelines, scheduling, and milestones;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills to communicate effectively with corporate sponsors and donors to meet their needs.
- Team player who takes initiative.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Able to work and interact with a diversity of corporate donors, sponsors and prospects.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS office suite and experience with databases, including Raiser’s Edge.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends and potentially travel occasionally
- Workplace that provides combined flexibility to work from home and in the office.
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth.
- Being a part of shaping the future of education for Indigenous people in Canada.
How to Apply
To apply, forward your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest, but only qualified applicants that meet the requirements will be contacted.
Indspire is committed to ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to providing any accommodations required to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us via email at email@example.com, we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.