Business System Administrator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Classification: Support Staff
Posting Date: August 26, 2022
Salary Range: $33.05 (start rate) – $38.37 (4 year rate)
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Marketing, the incumbent provides strategic oversight and the day-to-day functional system administration for the college’s constituent relationship management (CRM) system used by multiple departments and stakeholders. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, assessing needs, identifying requirements, developing, building, testing, optimizing, delivering and evaluating CRM campaigns that support departmental goals
- Building forms in the CRM for events and initiatives based on needs of the client to capture information on potential students (leads) including event RSVPs, student interests, background, etc.
- Working with the MCR team to identify departmental needs for CRM, including creating and maintaining annual campaign strategies, planning the potential student (leads) journey
- Establishing and conducting appropriate test routines for required modifications, interfaces, conversions, and reports related to the CRM system; analysing/trouble-shooting test results; following-up on functionality issues through to resolution
- Regularly performing database de-duping and cleanup procedures within CRM tools, which includes developing procedures to ensure data quality and integrity, in collaboration with IT
- Working closely with IT to ensure the CRM system is stable and effectively supported
- Developing and maintaining procedural documentation for the CRM system as operational changes are made
- Championing CRM consistency and integration across college systems
- Developing and delivering training, in partnership with IT, to new users or to bring existing users up to speed on new system features including, but not limited to, developing and updating training instructions/manuals and video tutorials
- Developing demographic and behavioral scoring models to quantify visitors’ interest or engagement with the college
- Ensuring all communication complies with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), college brand standards, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA)
- Compiling, analyzing and distributing CRM system performance and campaign/project analytics and insights
- Developing dashboards, writing report briefs and recommendations that interpret metrics to senior management and project stakeholders
- Analyzing research and enrolment numbers/targets to inform recommendations and gain insights on the impact of digital marketing efforts
- Acting as key contact for CRM system vendor to troubleshoot challenges and understand system upgrades and enhancements
- Successfully completed a three-year postsecondary diploma/degree in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited, to Business or Marketing
- Five years’ experience as a superuser of a CRM system, maximizing the functionality of the CRM, integrating additional systems, implementing and advising on new processes, and training end-users (Salesforce and Pardot experience considered an asset)
- Strong analytical skills to determine issues and identify how information can be obtained
- Excellent communication skills (both listening and verbal) to clearly understand user requirements and articulate that information clearly to IT developers
- Effective time management skills to juggle the demands of working on multiple assignments/tasks at same time and to properly allocate time required for task
- Strong business process knowledge to understand and be able to explain requirements and be knowledgeable on inter-related fields
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 11, 2022. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.