With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $200 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the state-of-the-art Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. We are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Campaign Coordinator.
Reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy the Campaign Coordinator is an essential contributor to the Campaign Team, focusing on achieving the goals and objectives in the campaign business plan. The Coordinator has a wide range of cross-functional generalist responsibilities, including supporting volunteers and staff in fundraising activities and donor cultivation/solicitation and recognition activities, campaign projects and events, progress tracking, reporting and campaign publications.
- Provides administrative support to campaign management and major gift officers and team including drafting correspondence, preparing proposals and presentations, scheduling meetings, assisting with meeting logistics and calendar management
- Proactively coordinates and develops effective and innovative approaches to major gift/community solicitation strategies with assigned committees and key volunteers in positioning Mackenzie Health with a wide variety of donor prospects.
- Works closely with gift division volunteers in support and coordination on prospect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develops and submits high quality funding applications/proposals and relevant material to Foundations.
- Coordinates the activities of the Campaign portfolio and supports all fundraising activities including research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects/donors, and attends bi-weekly prospect clearance meetings.
- Helps manage prospect database including tracking assignments and follow up for management meetings.
- Prepares, coordinates and maintains campaign correspondence, including acknowledgements, reports and reminders.
- Works closely with the Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship to manage the campaign timeline, adheres to budget allocations and promote timely decision-making activity.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of campaign projects and events including donor and sector cultivation stewardship activities.
- Provides regular status updates and reports to the Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship on matters and metrics related to donors.
- Supports donor recognition and stewardship activities with the Stewardship Specialist.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers and Mackenzie Health staff.
- Adheres to Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Mackenzie Health’s Health and Safety Policies.
- Positively represents Mackenzie Health Foundation in the community.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A college or university education is required, or an equivalent combination of academic or relevant skills and experience is required.
- Previous experience working in the voluntary sector, in hospital fundraising environment is an asset.
What must you have?
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for donors, fundraising volunteers and the Hospital team within a large, challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible fundraising experience with at least two years of experience working with major giving and planned giving teams.
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and summarize large quantities of information, track and manage multiple deadlines, work independently and reliably and be productive and efficient during an intensive period of planning and development.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and to prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment with multiple workflows and competing deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written combined with a customer focused approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic and timely manner.
- Professional demeanor combined with outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials.
- Reliable, dependable and a self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge; Constant Contact, database management is an asset; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
What else do you bring?
- Experience working in healthcare philanthropy or not-for-profit environment is an asset.
- Respectful and service oriented to donors, volunteers, and peer Foundation and Hospital staff.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models’ behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation – Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license.