Communication and Donor Engagement Officer
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications & Donor Engagement Officer is an integral member of the Foundation office; joining our efforts to champion a culture of philanthropy for our Community Hospital. This position is primarily responsible for supporting the overall operations of the Foundation as it relates to marketing strategies for new and ongoing programs and special projects. This includes planning and coordinating content for all communication platforms and supporting the design and execution of all marketing materials.
Key to the success of this position is the ability to develop communications strategies to enhance the brand of the Foundation, target marketing opportunities to meet strategic goals, build relationships, as well as prioritize donor engagement.
- Lead the development, execution, and measurement of various marketing communication plans to increase and inspire philanthropy in support of Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation’s strategic imperatives.
- Manage a timeline that integrates all of the Foundation’s marketing and communication needs in partnership with the hospital to ensure strategic and maximum exposure in the community.
- Communications platform management, including content creation and strategies for website and social media, profiling, and advertising to meet sponsorship, donor, and grant funder needs.
- Support and find ways to maximize integrated digital fundraising
- Oversee all marketing and communications materials including videos, stewardship stories, marketing collateral, social media, and web content, and support Annual Program donor campaign pieces.
- Coordinate and execute updates to current donor recognition (walls, plaques, website) and assist with transitioning to more digital methods.
- Share donor impact through prudent stewardship.
- Write quality high profile communications including executive remarks, media releases, presentations, articles, advertising copy, stewardship reports, etc.
- Support other department leads in the development of their marketing strategies and plans including ‘day of’ Event logistics including promotion, photography, and sponsor and speaker recognition
- Responsibly manage an operating budget that inspires awareness and achieves annual goals and KPIs.
- Liaise with Hospital employees and volunteers, including stakeholders, contractors, and patients as needed to share inspiring stories that attract community giving.
Qualifications & Skills
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a discipline applicable to the position or an equivalent combination of experience and education and a minimum of five years’ experience leading strategic communications, media relations, and fundraising is critical.
- Experience in a variety of channels from traditional (print and broadcast) to digital/social media
- Participate frequently in social media, both personally and professionally
- Exemplary writing skills with an ability to write compelling communications that capture the hearts and minds of donors, employees, and the external community
- Excellent project planning and management skills and the ability to function efficiently under pressure with changing deadlines
- Demonstrated success in the implementation of broad-based integrated marketing and communications strategies focused on fundraising and reputation-building
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Versatile in social media, and in platforms such as Adobe PDF Editor, Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, P2P, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, WordPress, and CMS.
- Superb customer and donor relations skills and interpersonal skills required for teamwork
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT, or other database applications and design programs such as Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator is an asset
Contract position for 18 months with potential for full-time employment.
Access to personal transportation is required due to the nature of this position.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Successful external applicants are required to provide the applicable criminal record check, as requested by Human Resources, in accordance with federal and provincial legislation. Valid criminal record checks are in original format and dated two months from the date of conditional offer from CMHF.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital Foundation is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace. All reasonable accommodations will be made to support participation in the recruitment process. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.