COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, a permanent full-time opportunity.
About Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital (Soldiers’) Foundation
The Soldiers’ Foundation is a proud partner of Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital and the people of Orillia and North Simcoe/Muskoka. The Foundation provides funds to the Hospital to buy medical equipment, sustain programs and assist the Hospital in maintaining its position as a leader in providing quality community based healthcare.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Communications Officer acts as a lead on the development and management of all internal/external communications and media/public relations activity relating to the Foundation. Responsibilities will include the creation and implementation of communication and media plans, coordinating media and advertising opportunities, managing social media channels, digital marketing, website updating and management, and creation of print, communication and promotional materials, including graphic design. Video editing experience is an asset, as is previous experience in fundraising. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Working on site is required to start, with an optional hybrid model following.
The pay band for this position is $55,000 – $70,000 with 3 weeks’ vacation and a comprehensive benefits package including pension.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in content creating, social media engagement and management, and social media trends.
- Be well versed in using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Knowledge of Google Analytics is an asset.
- Have in-depth understanding of social media platforms, their audiences and which platform is best-suited to certain applications.
- Have a great eye for design and be able to work with Adobe products to design graphics for social media.
- Have a strong understanding of the value of community engagement and donor relations.
- Bring new ideas to the table.
- Be willing to keep abreast of changing industry standards and best practices.
- Be capable of producing quality content within our brand to ensure the Foundation’s vision, goals, policies, and guidelines are followed.
- Have strong intuition and the ability to read between the lines.
- Have creative, outside the box ways of working within limited resources.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in the area of Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism is required.
- Minimum three (3) years related experience in a communications focused position or a not-for-profit role. Healthcare experience considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) is required.
- A passion for OSMH Foundation and healthcare fundraising.
- Demonstrated administrative planning skills and skilled in preparing communications and publications/brochures.
- Demonstrated creative and design abilities.
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills are essential in order to interact with various individuals and committees.
- Demonstrated superior written communication, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to time manage, prioritize, and multi-task to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, positive attitude.
Our Employees Enjoy
- a professional practice environment
- a collaborative atmosphere with emphasis on teamwork
- wellness initiatives
- continuing education grants
- employee recognition and assistance programs
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- equal opportunities for growth and development
OSMH is committed to diversity and equity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons and others who may contribute to a diverse workplace.
Accommodation in the Workplace
Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
To apply, please visit: https://www.osmh.on.ca/join-our-team/
Under Job Opportunities, click to start exploring our career opportunities today and search for job J0822-0871. At the bottom of the job posting page, select “I am interested”, and create a job profile to submit your resume.