Communications & Donor Relations Officer – Full-time (Foundation)
We are a dedicated team of professionals focused on providing the best care possible for our patients, families, and caregivers. We work together to care for the whole person from hospital to home.
We are looking for a Communications & Donor Relations Officer to work with our Foundation Department to help us continue in our mission to serve our community with Kindness, Passion, Courage, and Teamwork.
The Communications and Donor Relations Officer reports to the CEO and works collaboratively with the Foundation Team, Foundation Leadership and with various volunteer committees. This portfolio focuses Communication and Donor Recognition and Stewardship for the Foundation. Responsibilities may shift over time, as priorities evolve, and based on annual ROI assessments.
- Work with the Special Events officer on an annual Donor Appreciation Event to celebrate donors and their impact
- Coordinate personal visits and stewardship reports to loyal donors and major gift donors
- Coordinate annual ‘thank-a-thon’ calls to donors from Board and Committee volunteers
- Schedule cheque presentations for community donors
- Install donor recognition plaques, walls
- Update the donor wall annually
- Maintain and occasionally Refresh/Redesign the Foundation website and its functionality.
- Create video messages to thank, recognize and inspire donors
- Coordinate internal and external communications with the Hospital.
- Write and design media materials including press releases, advertorials and print ads.
- Ensures that all communication materials and promotional items are aligned and adhere to the Foundation’s guidelines and goals, as well as marketplace best practice.
- Maintain and monitor the Foundation’s website and Social Media with relevant and timely content according to an annually developed cross-foundation calendar.
- Ensure public areas of the Hospital are updated with relevant content (i.e. outside sign, click frames, material around the Hospital), as per the annual Operating Plan.
- Ability to nurture donor relationships.
- Support the Foundation’s Development Committee as required.
- Provide support for Foundation special events and programs, which may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Promote an environment that encourages and supports change and evolution.
- Ongoing commitment to skill development as it relates to writing and design best practices.
- All employees of Headwaters Health Care Centre (HHCC) are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by HHCC.
- Adheres to the Fundraising Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Successful completion of a relevant post-secondary program.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and design software.
- Proficiency in social media posting and tracking: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Ability to manage and understand all aspects of digital strategy.
- Has creative and graphic design expertise. Adobe Creative considered an asset.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment or independently and take initiative as required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Computer proficiency, including Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong and authentic relationship management skills, with the ability to self-motivate
- Entitled to Pension
- 100% Employer Cost Benefits
Our values are more than words, they are what define and connect us. They determine how we work, how we behave, and how we relate to our patients, their families, and caregivers as well as to everyone who is part of the Headwaters community.
We offer a wide range of employee perks, for information on our comprehensive benefits package, please visit Headwaters Health Care Centre – Careers at Headwaters.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer and supports the compliance of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact Human Resources so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a smoke free facility. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors.
All job offers will require compliance with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for proof of full vaccination unless provided with a medical exemption or an accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code.