Do you love crafting compelling messages that inspire people to make philanthropic gifts? Are you comfortable working behind the scenes to ensure donors are warmly appreciated and know the impact they are making on the health of our community? If so, consider joining our team!
Due to recent growth and with exciting plans on the horizon, the Georgetown Hospital Foundation has created the new position of Communications Officer. We are seeking an enthusiastic team player to lead our stewardship activities and contribute to a variety of fundraising programs.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, this is a full-time position with a hiring range of $50,000-55,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
About Georgetown Hospital Foundation
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. We are grateful for the tremendous support from individuals and businesses in Halton Hills and West Brampton that help the Foundation fund the highest priority equipment, capital and program needs of the hospital.
Our small team executes a diversified portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in our community in the years to come.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Communication & Stewardship:
- Write content for fundraising and donor stewardship materials, ensuring a consistent “voice” for the Foundation in external communications
- Lead stewardship activities for the Foundation, contributing to the development of strategies and tactics to recognize donors to all fundraising programs
- Work closely with internal hospital staff to identify opportunities to demonstrate donor impact
- Create, maintain and monitor communications and stewardship project timelines
- Develop content for Foundation newsletters, impact reports and other external communications
- Ensure Foundation website content is accurate and up to date
- Coordinate external suppliers/vendors to produce communications and stewardship materials
- Lead donor appreciation events, with support from colleagues
- Manage donor thank you call program
- Maintain records and lead tactics for donor recognition, such as donor recognition wall and room naming opportunities
- Coordinate direct response programs with external provider, including existing direct mail and e-solicitation programs, and donor acquisition campaigns
- Lead grant proposal submissions process and reporting back to granting organizations
- Monitor direct response and annual giving trends
- Track, report and provide input into annual giving strategies
- Support gift entry during peak periods
- Support signature events
Qualifications and Experience
We endeavor to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and excellence.
- Completion of a diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university and/or at least three years of related experience preferred. Completion of a Fundraising Management or communications diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university is a strong asset.
- Experience in creating and editing inspirational stories and messaging
- Familiarity with print and electronic communication production
- Expertise with MS Office, digital communications and website management
- Fundraising or not-for-profit experience an asset
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices an asset
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems, such as Raiser’s Edge database, an asset
- Graphic design experience an asset
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude
- Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, donors, volunteers, physicians, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved with GHF is valuable
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every colleague, donor and volunteer with understanding and kindness and responds appropriately to the needs of self and others
- Strong communicator; listens for clarity and meaning, and speaks in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
Other Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- The position is based out of the Georgetown Hospital in a shared office; partial work from home arrangements can be made
- Flexibility to work occasional non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
Candidate Selection Process
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter through the Halton Healthcare careers portal (#897853)
- Applicants advanced in the process will be contacted within ten days of the closing date
- The selection process will include a short phone screening interview, an in-person or online interview with a three-person interview panel, and a one-to-one meeting with the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, all to be held over a two to three-week period
- A one-page writing sample will be requested from those selected for an in-person interview
- Reference checks will be conducted for the preferred candidate
- A criminal background check and signed confidentiality agreement are required for the preferred candidate
- New hires at Halton Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see below)
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application online by May 20, 2022 via www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting (#897853)and include a cover letter and current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.