Community Engagement Coordinator – Toronto
Community Development Coordinator (Fundraising)
Have you enjoyed success in raising funds for a worthy cause? Are you a strong relationship builder who relishes the opportunity to meet new people? Do you enjoy seeing the positive impact of the work you do? If you answered YES, you may be our next Community Engagement Officer.
The Community Engagement Coordinator (Fundraising) is a dedicated professional who works enthusiastically with internal and external stakeholders to realize key objectives that include executing events, generating revenue, donor relations, coordinating volunteers, projecting a positive image of the organization and actively fostering awareness and support of our mission.
Key Priorities for the Role:
• Support the development, planning, and execution of 4 signature as well as other foundation events as directed
• Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of relationships including sponsors, participants, donors, vendors, and volunteers
• Make genuine and authentic connections with people connecting them to our purpose while providing them personal care and attention
• Contribute to Easter Seals Ontario’s culture by understanding and supporting our Mission and Vision, and actively demonstrating our Values
• Support relationships including volunteer recruitment/scheduling
• Coordinate all aspects of event logistics, sponsorship generation, participant registration and volunteer support for existing event portfolio
• Build and strengthen relationships with multiple audiences including donors, volunteers, community partners, media, and families
• Help identify opportunities to grow financial support for Easter Seals Programs
Required Experience & Education
• A College/University Degree in a related field (Fundraising Management)
• Members of the AFP Association of Fundraising Professionals are considered assets
• A minimum of two years’ experience successfully implementing fundraising programs and demonstrated success in fundraising initiatives and activities, including volunteer coordination
• Experience in the non-profit or charitable sector considered an asset
• Experience with event planning and media relations considered an asset
• Competence with required computer-based technology, social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Raiser’s Edge database etc.
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a reliable vehicle for special events
Required Skills & Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail (specifically timelines and data management)
• A genuine and authentic connection with people and our purpose, with the natural ability to make others feel your personal care and attention for them
• Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships, both internally and externally
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and with flexibility, to respond to rapidly shifting priorities
• A strong commitment to support Easter Seals children and families, and the creativity and resilience to adapt to changing market conditions
Hours of Work & Working Conditions
• Flexibility Hybrid Schedule (occasional weekend and evening work required)
• Successful completion of a Police Background check
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
For consideration, please submit your resume to Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume as one document and reference “COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (FUNDRAISING)” clearly in the subject heading.
Easter Seals Ontario sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in advance however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Note: The position will remain open until filled and rolling interviews will be conducted as soon as qualified applications are received. No phone calls please.
Easter Seals Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. Candidates with be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process, such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. Easter Seals Ontario is committed to providing reasonable accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.