Community Engagement Officer
Do you see yourself at a hospital foundation that has been at the forefront of raising funds to address the evolving health needs of the communities we serve and continually excels at providing resources to care for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where the Next Normal is embraced not feared and where innovation, problem solving, determination, compassion and commitment frame your day to day activities? Are you a resilient, self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting as you do in a traditional, team office environment?
Do you want to work for a foundation that has a strong, collegial, respectful, and special bond with its hospital staff, clinical leaders, physicians, and board of governors? Do you see yourself aligned with the number 1 ranked community hospital in Canada and one of the Top 5 hospitals in Canada (Newsweek magazine) that is universally respected and admired for its health care leadership, culture, and patient care? Do you want to contribute to the health and well being of over half a million people?
If you can imagine yourself working together to make a world of difference in the community, then North York General Foundation may be the place for you.
ABOUT NORTH YORK GENERAL FOUNDATION
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, our partner, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long-term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, a springboard for innovation in the health care landscape and a destination for philanthropy. Supported by an outstanding board of governors, North York General Foundation is strategically expanding our team the team in pursuit of new ways to reach our community, demonstrate impact and raise funds for an incredible Hospital.
We are relentless in our quest to secure revenue for strategic campaigns as we ready ourselves for a $1B capital expansion. We are driving towards the future, building our brand, and investing in volunteer leadership and staff who are changing the face of fundraising in community hospitals.
Reporting to the Vice President, Community Development, the Community Engagement Officer is responsible for raising funds and awareness in support of North York General Hospital by securing revenue through third party events and community partnerships with a revenue goal of $500,000 in the first year. The role will also engage with North York’s diaspora communities to seek new revenue opportunities and support our Philanthropic Councils. In addition, this role will oversee and grow the In Memory and In Honour programs.
Third Party and Community Fundraising
- Develop and implement a plan to increase awareness of North York General Hospital as a destination for philanthropy via third party events and community partnerships.
- Oversee third party and community events to build relationships, increase profile of the hospital, grow associated revenue and engage various diasporas which North York General serves and increase retention year over year.
- Support the Philanthropic Councils including preparing materials, briefing notes, agendas and minutes.
- Lead a proposed Community 50/50 draw including vendor administration.
- Enhance existing relationships with service clubs and faith-based groups while securing new partners.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of 40+ third party organizers and community partners annually.
- Ensure activity is promptly and accurately recorded in Raisers’ Edge.
- Attend third party and community events on behalf of the Foundation (where practicable).
- Contribute to the annual business planning process.
- Collaborate with the appropriate Foundation teams with regards to gift administration, research, proposal development, recognition, and stewardship.
- Research and stay abreast of industry best practices and new community fundraising initiatives.
In Memory and In Honour Programs
- Engage with local funeral homes through regular stewardship to deepen connections with North York General.
- Identify strategies to build relationships with memorial and in honour donors.
- College or university degree.
- 3+ years experience in fundraising, sales, or marketing.
- Excellent organizational interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder.
- Creative, resourceful, and intuitively driven.
- Ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
HOW TO APPLY
North York General Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
The Community Engagement Officer will be a self-starter who thrives equally well in a work from home setting and a traditional office environment. NYGF is working within a hybrid model with staff expected in the office a minimum of 3 days per week (depending on the circumstances). We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation/benefits package with a salary range of $53K – $68K.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by January 21, 2022. Please reference Community Engagement Officer in the subject line and you will be contacted if we feel there is a great fit.