Community Giving Officer
Are you a fundraising professional with a passion for community initiatives? Do you have a track record of building strong relationships with sponsors and donors? Are you a proven project manager?
Lakeridge Health Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic fundraiser to join our team as the Community Giving Officer. This driven professional will play a significant role in the strategic direction and implementation of community and corporate giving.
What you’ll be doing:
The Community Giving Officer is a dynamic position responsible for community outreach and fundraising. Reporting to and collaborating closely with the Manager, Community Giving, the Community Giving Officer helps ensure that events, lotteries, cause marketing, and other corporate and community giving initiatives are successful.
The Community Giving Officer is an active community ambassador for Lakeridge Health Oshawa and Whitby Hospitals, including the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. The Officer plays a key role in Lakeridge Health Foundation’s relationship building and fundraising efforts.
Summary of duties:
- Collaborate with the Manager, Community Giving, on the execution of all aspects of Lakeridge Health Foundation’s signature events.
- Seek out, secure, support, and steward third-party events.
- Build relationships with local businesses and corporations in order to secure sponsorships and cause marketing opportunities.
- Solicit major gifts or mid-level gifts from local businesses and corporations on a case-by-case basis.
- Research and pursue new strategies to expand community giving programs.
- Promote and support peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives, with emphasis on personal page fundraising.
- Maintain accurate sponsor and donor records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work with Foundation’s Launchpad young professionals group to execute fundraising events.
- Execute administrative duties related to lotteries and events.
What you bring to the position:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional fundraising organization or sales environment.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with a proven track record of building and advancing relationships in a fundraising or sales environment.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in executing events that meet goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with fundraising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- A passion for health care and motivated by seeing the meaningful work of the Hospitals at Lakeridge Health.
Your competencies include:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Driven self-starter; works effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills: written and verbal; strong public speaker; and, excellent listener.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Able to work effectively both in-office and remotely.
- Out-of-the-box and innovative thinker with a growth mindset to advance professionally and personally within the organization.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful.
- Sense of humour, energetic, and positive attitude.
What we have to offer:
When you work for our Foundation, you join a high-functioning, innovative and collaborative team with strong leadership and a supportive Board of Directors. With a strategic plan in place, the Foundation is in the midst of an exciting path forward with a focus on making our biggest impact yet on local health care.
We offer an excellent package to employees including an outstanding pension plan via Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), competitive salary, benefits, and the opportunity to progress and build your career.
Who we are:
Supporting Lakeridge Health’s Oshawa and Whitby sites, the Foundation is committed to raising awareness and funds for one of Ontario’s largest health systems. Located in Durham Region, Lakeridge Health is home to a number of regional programs including one of the province’s top Cancer Centres, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre. Through the Foundation’s thriving major gift, planned giving, annual giving and community giving programs, which are supported by the generosity of corporations, individuals and volunteers, we’re ensuring the very best health care is available, close to home.
Lakeridge Health Foundation is accredited by Imagine Canada.
How to apply:
Lakeridge Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality, or disability. Accommodation, as required by law, will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment. If you are applying for a position, please let us know any needs you may have in advance.
Lakeridge Health Foundation has engaged Predictive Success Corporation to assist with the selection process for the position of Community Giving Officer. Their analytics tool, the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment, is a science-based, online behavioural assessment that provides objective data identifying the unique motivating drives and behaviours of prospective and current staff as well as system leaders.
Introductory emails will be sent only to candidates who we would like to participate in the Predictive Index Behaviour Assessment.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Community Giving Officer” in the subject line of your email.
- The job posting will close on Friday, April 8th, April 22nd, 2022 at 12:00 pm.
- No phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants in advance.