Coordinator, Community Engagement
Title: Coordinator, Community Engagement
Department: Marketing & Community Engagement
Reports to: VP, Marketing & Community Engagement
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
Sunnybrook Foundation exists to advance the mission and vision of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre by raising awareness and financial contributions to invent the future of health care. Simply put, philanthropic support allows us to accelerate the pace of research and innovation, purchase the most advanced equipment, and attract the best and brightest minds.
Located within Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre on Bayview Avenue in Toronto, the Foundation consists of more than 75 professionals who work in close partnership with our Hospital colleagues. With ambitious goals ahead, the Foundation is committed to continuing to grow our results and impact as we help Sunnybrook to raise sites, uncover new possibilities, develop talent, and deliver exceptional care.
The Coordinator, Community Engagement plays a vital role as part of a highly collaborative team to drive the continued growth of Sunnybrook Foundation. Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Community Engagement, the Coordinator will provide key support to the business unit, including marketing, events and community giving and is ideal for someone looking to gain valuable experience within marketing, fundraising, events and administration.
- Assist VP and Directors with calendar and budget management & reconciliation
- Coordinate meeting logistics and preparation of meeting materials, including briefing notes, presentations, reports and other materials as required
- Provide administrative support to the Marketing & Events & Community Giving teams, including scheduling external meetings, securing event dates, photoshoots and vendor payment
- Provide customer support for donors, participants and others seeking information regarding events at Sunnybrook Foundation
- Lead development of competitive tracking/reporting and quarterly status reports
- Provide support at Events which can require evening and weekend work, and occasional local travel
- Submit invoices for approval and participate in reconciliation
Donor and Gift Data Management
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding and expertise in the use of the Foundation’s donor database and corporate intranet, and acts as a team champion for both. Duties may include training team members, generating queries, and researching donors and prospects;
- With a customer service-oriented approach, manage RSVPs for all donor events, and coding into Raiser’s Edge
- Maintain and update donor and event records; ensuring activity is promptly and accurately recorded in CRM (Raisers’ Edge) and fundraising platforms (Artez)
- In collaboration with donor relations team, manage event donations and donor inquiries associated with events, including accepting donations and assisting with tax receipt delivery
- Process event gifts, including follow up on payment with participants and updating in event database
Marketing and Fundraising
- Review laser lives to validate accuracy for mailed fundraising appeals
- Provide ongoing reporting support for digital fundraising and engagement campaigns
- Work with team to identify stories and photos to be used in digital campaigns
- Assist the team with long-term work such as fact-finding, competitive reviews and surveying of best practices and digital approaches
- Assist in high-level projects specific to organizational goals
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees
- Other projects and items as assigned that will continue to move the team forward
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to provide excellent client service
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and relationships in a fast-paced professional environment
- Embraces change and looks for opportunities for continuous improvement personally and for the organization
- Effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguous situations, exercise good judgment based on information and analysis in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment
- Minimum college and/or university degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work relevant work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite, including Outlook or similar scheduling software
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset
- Familiarity with SalesForce Marketing Cloud is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit
- Enrollment in HOOPP pension plan
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Generous leave entitlements including December holiday closure and early closures leading into long weekends
- Flexible hybrid work model as is appropriate to the role
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience, by June 22nd, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Coordinator, Community Engagement,” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.