Coordinator, Community Giving
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Community Giving
REPORTING TO: Manager, Community Giving
LOCATION: Brampton Civic Hospital and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness, with periodic travel to Etobicoke General Hospital
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
Osler Foundation is the fundraising arm of William Osler Health System (Osler). Osler serves 1.3 million people in Brampton, Caledon, North Mississauga, Etobicoke, and the surrounding region. This is one of the fastest growing and most ethnically diverse regions of Canada.
Osler Foundation builds and fosters relationships in our hospitals and the community to raise funds to support the clinical priorities at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital, Osler’s two acute-care sites, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
As part of the Osler System family, we are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. Year after year, Osler is proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Osler Foundation is equally committed to supporting our employees through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging. Our team members are highly effective leaders, instructors, and mentors within the philanthropy sector with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Association of Healthcare Philanthropists (AHP), including past Chair, AFP Canada and AFP Fundraiser of the Year, 2019.
As Osler Foundation embarks on a historic new Capital Campaign, set to change the health care landscape in our community, this role will play a part in the success of this new campaign. Reporting to and working in collaboration with the Manager, Community Giving, this position has a wide-range of cross-functional responsibilities, including the execution of selected aspects of Osler Foundation’s signature events, annual giving program, tribute programs and community engagement initiatives, as well as handling office administration and planning needs of the Community Giving team to achieve its goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Execute and lead selected aspects of Osler Foundation’s signature events including event logistics, pre and post reporting and follow-up
- Act as program lead for the Foundation’s tribute programs (Grateful Patient, Baby Wall & In Memory)
- Execute event administration including providing invoicing, maintaining event budget
- Acts as administrative lead in areas of general office duties, and event logistics, support and execution.
- Provide excellent customer service to walk-in donors and apply seasoned relationship building skills with donors, senior volunteers and sponsors
- Support event revenue generation including procurement of sponsorship and silent auction items for signature events.
- Respond to donor walk-ins, emails, correspondence and phone requests regarding Osler Foundation
- Is responsible for updating and maintaining information in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Participates on various event committees as required (some meetings outside of regular business hours)
- Is committed to the Mission of William Osler Health System (Osler) and the Foundation
- Participates in the development of strategies for community partnerships and events, including the identification of opportunities for new community event acquisition
- Identify, recruit, monitor, motivate and support volunteer event committee members
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- 1+ years or more within a fundraising/charitable/not-for profit organization
- Experience in a healthcare organization is a definite asset
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Deadline and results-oriented, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of initiative, diplomacy and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and proactively under pressure
- Strong computer literacy: MS Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge; Google Drive and creative software (like Canva, In Design) is an asset
- Holds a current driver’s license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY
- A comprehensive benefits package including a defined-benefit pension plan (HOOPP), outstanding health/dental benefits, and a generous vacation allowance
- An expected salary range of $50-$58K
- The Foundation is working under a hybrid model of work from home and in office on a weekly basis.
- State-of-the-art accessible facility located close to major highways in Brampton, Ontario
- A dynamic and professional office setting in a hospital environment.
- A highly collaborative team environment with the opportunity to participate in first-in-class fundraising events
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF, addressed to Sabrina Hazel, Associate Director, Community Giving, and email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Coordinator, Community Giving
Deadline: February 9th, 2024
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please.
All applications are considered confidential.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us through your application.