Coordinator, Community Relations and Events
Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation (MSHF) enables the growth of Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) by raising funds and awareness for its priorities and ongoing needs. We inspire to earn the generous support of every member of our community. Markham and Stouffville are the fastest growing regions in Canada and recently declared among the nation’s most diverse communities.
Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH) is one of Ontario’s leading community hospitals. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
The Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Coordinator, Community Relations & Events to support our signature and community events program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced event coordinator who has created and executed signature events with a focus on virtual, hybrid, peer-to-peer and community fundraising events. We are looking for a ‘hands on’ member of our team who is passionate about helping to make a difference at our community hospital.
Reporting to the Manager, Community Relations & Events, the incumbent will be an integral part of building the Foundation’s presence in our community through events in support of the foundation’s strategic priorities to drive revenue and build capacity in leadership giving and expand our donor base through broader community engagement for sustainable future revenue.
The Coordinator, Community Relations & Events will support the planning, execution and delivery of the signature events including galas, golf tournaments, virtual events, hybrid events, raffles, peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives and community driven events. The incumbent will develop unique experiences which acquire new donors and deepen community engagement
The incumbent MUST BE AVAILABLE to work evenings and weekends, especially during peak event periods. As well, they must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle as the position requires travelling to offsite meetings and events.
Hiring Range: $50,000 – $60,000 plus comprehensive benefits
- Successfully execute events to ensure a meaningful event experience for the guests and maintain and exceed the profitability of the foundation’s event portfolio
- Correspond and support community event organizers to execute successful events and fundraising initiatives, including representing the foundation at community events (Third Party Events) and assist where possible. This is a high occurrence situation
- Coordinate events, largely volunteer driven and able to manage all aspects of event operations, including developing and executing critical paths, RSVPS, venue or vendor/supplier negotiation, creating print materials/signage, permits, and coordinating volunteer and staff attendance
- Manage online fundraising and event websites and in collaboration with the special events team, help promote foundation achievements through social media
- Manage online auction logistics for events including cataloguing items, program lists, creating descriptions and display set ups as required
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the events team, including mail merges, thank you letters, coordinating event invitations, maintaining database files and records, gift processing, taking minutes and distribute event materials in a timely manner
- Be adept at communicating with key event stakeholders and varied internal and external audiences as well as provide a high level of support and service to volunteers, committees, donors, sponsors, vendors and key stakeholders
- Track revenue and expenses of assigned events and provide regular reports of financial status to Manager and/or Vice President
- Ensure branding guidelines and execution of marketing and communications strategies are in conjunction with Foundation priorities which includes supporting the Foundation’s print and digital activities
- Coordinate and manage volunteers providing leadership and guidance for various events and programs
- Identify and seek sponsorship, gifts-in-kind and, other donations for events
- Prepare event-day supplies, maintain the event calendar and coordinate staff attendance at events. Coordinate committee meeting and event notices, coordinate room bookings and room set-up, distribute materials, organize catering and audio-visual requirements, take accurate minutes and distribute agenda and materials in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
A university degree or college diploma and a minimum 2 years’ experience in event planning and execution, not-for-profit or fundraising experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare thank you letters, merge mailings, update websites, intranet and social networking sites
- Resourceful and independent, yet comfortable working within the framework of an integrated events program and team–orientated environment
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills and excellent ability to manage a diverse range of assignments and events with high efficiency and attention to detail
- Aptitude for computers and ability to learn new systems quickly and knowledge and experience updating and managing web pages. Strong technical skills, including experience with online resources, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint, Raisers Edge, Adobe Design, database applications, design and web applications
- A self-starter with strong motivation to take on multiple initiatives and ability to adjust to changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, creative environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Solid interpersonal, relationship building skills and demonstrated sound judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and initiative
Please submit your cover letter and resume by February 9, 2022, via our website – https://jobs-ca.silkroad.com/MarkhamStouffville/mshcareerssilkroadcom/jobs/8627
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.