Coordinator, Donor Experience and Philanthropy
2 year contract
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises of Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital; Mount Sinai Hospital; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Circle of Care. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
The Coordinator, Donor Experience & Philanthropy reports to the Executive Director, Donor Experience with a dotted-line to the Executive Director, Philanthropy. This role will provide essential support to both the Donor Experience and Philanthropy teams by coordinating, planning and executing a variety of fundraising and stewardship activities.
The Coordinator will support the Donor Experience team in delivering a meaningful and “high touch” stewardship program for donors across all levels of giving: annual, leadership, major gifts and legacy. This role will support the operations and administration needs of the Donor Experience team to ensure there is a high-level of rigor and quality control in processes, tracking, reporting and follow-ups.
Additionally, this role will support the Philanthropy Directors in their work managing and executing donor activities, engagement and outreach. This position will provide day-to-day administrative support including scheduling meetings (internal and external), assisting with correspondence, preparing presentations and ensuring all donor information is updated in the database.
The Coordinator will enable greater integration between the Donor Experience and Philanthropy teams and will contribute to the realization of our shared goal of providing a world-class donor experience.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable individual with excellent interpersonal skills, who is able to manage multiple priorities in a vibrant and successful fundraising environment and is able to carry out a wide range of assigned duties and tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Database (Raiser’s Edge) management and related record keeping and updating; responsible for ensuring all Foundation donor information is entered promptly, and that the highest standard of data integrity is maintained
- Support the tracking of the donor experience (touchpoints, action tracks, etc.) through inputting and management of custom stewardship plans in Raiser’s Edge
- Understand and articulate business requirements for data and donor list pulls
- Coordinate meetings; prepare and distribute agendas; assist with logistics for donor meetings and/or stewardship events
- Manage various calendars and schedules of senior staff on both the Donor Experience and Philanthropy teams
- Record and distribute meeting minutes
- Assist with the execution of mailings including holiday cards, annual reports, Sinai Health magazine, CEO Highlight Letter, and impact reports
- Coordinate communications to donors including personal note-writing, gift acknowledgments, and letters
- Assist in maintaining the donor matrix; update deliverables and ensure all policies and guidelines are reflected
- Assist with budget tracking; process invoices and assist with expense reconciliation
- Perform other related duties as assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a fundraising environment; experience in healthcare or a hospital with experience working as part of a team to manage donor relationships is preferred
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited educational institution. Proven equivalent and recent related education, training and experience may be considered
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); extensive experience with Raiser’s Edge or another relational database; an aptitude for data management
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner; able to communicate with diverse constituencies
- Able to work with sensitive information with absolute discretion and a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer-service-oriented attitude
- Able to work collaboratively and be a team player
- Action-oriented; competency in problem solving; self-motivated, independent worker
- Professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation’s five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust.
Interested candidates please apply online.