Coordinator, Events (12 month contract)
Coordinator, Events (12-month contract)
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE (formerly Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium) has offered healing through happiness for thousands of kids and families affected by childhood cancer since 1983. It’s where kids can be kids, and families can be families—engaging in camp-inspired community, in-hospital, and overnight camp programs, at no cost to them. As a privately funded organization, CAMPFIRE CIRCLE donors make thousands of life-changing experiences possible for Campers throughout the year, all across Ontario.
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is currently seeking a Coordinator, Events for a 12-month contract to assist with the cultivation and implementation of fund development plans related to signature, partnership, and engagement events.
Reporting to the Senior Development Officer, Partnerships & Events the incumbent will help achieve Camp’s vision to:
- Provide the safest and most enriching year-round camp experience for children living with cancer, and
- Provide kids with cancer and kids affected by childhood cancer with a unique opportunity for growth through challenging, fun, enriching, and magical experiences.
1)Planning & Development
- Contribute to the planning and the implementation of the Gala fundraisers, Set Sail for Hope, TourD’Epicure, and other large-scale fundraising events.
- Track and report on fundraising efforts and recommend improvement in processing and reporting.
- Ensure accurate, efficient data entry of donor information and ensure the integrity of the information systems.
- Represent the organization at meetings and events to support fund development and stewardship initiatives.
2)Signature & Partnership Fundraising Events
- Support the planning and execution of new and existing signature and partnership events including the Set Sail for Hope, Bonfire Bash, and Tour D’Epicure
- Identify, recruit and steward new individual and team fundraisers, sponsors, and donors of applicable events in order to achieve annual fundraising and participation targets.
- Serve as a relationship manager to an assigned portfolio of individual fundraisers, teams, and sponsors providing fundraising support through personalized outreach, presentations to engage teams, and resource support and stewardship with the objective of increasing fundraised dollars and engagement.
- Support the applicable volunteer committees that support the sales and execution of various signature and partnership events, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge, prepping for meetings, etc.
- Support identification and migration of prospects for other fund development programs.
- Provide research, relationship management, and administrative support to development management as required (e.g. proposal writing, research profiles, and meeting preparations).
- Support the planning and execution of a variety of logistical components for the Tour D’Epicure, Bonfire Bash Gala, and Set Sail for Hope.
- Support the research, prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship of sponsors as assigned.
3) Engagement Events
- Support the planning and execution of donor engagement activities to drive both new revenue, donor acquisition and stewardship targets.
4) Volunteer Management
- Support volunteer recruitment, tracking, training, and stewardship to support fundraising and engagement events, in collaboration with HR, including Gala, Sporting Life 10K, Tour D’Epicure, etc.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising with an emphasis on large scale participant based event organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, donors, fundraisers and volunteers
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with senior level volunteers
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under the pressure of time constraints
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with senior-level volunteers
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills
- Experience using CRM donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience advantageous)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Current driver’s license and the ability to be covered by camp’s insurance policy
- Ability to travel to the United States
- In accordance with our mandate of creating a caring and safe environment for ill children and their families, we require attestation of childhood vaccinations, updated Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Screening, and proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 for all of our staff. We also require that all staff be currently eligible to work in Canada.
- Post-Secondary education in event management and/or fundraising
- Working towards or achievement of CRFE designation
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector
- Experience using Engaging Networks fundraising platform and Mail Chimp email system
- Hybrid work from home and work from open office setting, amount of time in office depends on stage of event planning. Attendance at events indoors and outdoors is frequent in this role.
- Includes occasionally working outside for long periods of time to support event execution.
- In consideration of the population CAMPFIRE CIRCLE serves, the incumbent is a non-smoker.
- This position involves considerable evening and weekend commitments, including some overnight travel to support event execution a few times a year and some travel that requires driving through Ontario and potentially the U.S.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers a competitive annual salary range of $40,000 – $45,000, vacation, and professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to email@example.com with the email subject reading 2022009 – Coordinator, Events.
This posting will remain open until filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about CAMPFIRE CIRCLE, please visit www.campfirecircle.org – No phone calls please.
ACCESSIBILITY & DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is strongly committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous People of North America and the world, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to providing equitable opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment.
We are equally committed to providing an inclusive and accessible workplace. Applicants requiring accommodations to access our job postings and apply for roles with our organization are invited to reach out to our HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or in a manner that fits their accessibility needs, and can trust that their application will be considered equitably for our available roles. Contact information for our HR Team is located on our website at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/careers/, and more information about our accessibility commitments can be found at https://campfirecircle.org/about-campfire-circle/accessibility-at-campfire-circle/.
CAMPFIRE CIRCLE is grateful for Indigenous communities’ stewardship of the land that we occupy—including the traditional territory of many nations including the Anishnabeg, the Chippewas, the Haudenosaunee peoples, and many other diverse First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples. We aspire to be deserving stewards of the land, in partnership with them.