Humber River Hospital Foundation
Job Description: Coordinator, Events
Lighting New Ways in Healthcare – Humber River Hospital stands apart. As North America’s most digital hospital, our state-of-the-art facility is enabling our physicians and staff to deliver healthcare in new and innovative ways, and is a model of efficiency for hospitals around the world. Everything we do is to enhance not only healthcare outcomes but also the patient and family experience.
Humber River Hospital Foundation raises funds to invest in the programs, technologies and equipment that make our Hospital’s superior patient care a reality. Since the day we opened our new facility we have proudly stayed ahead of a changing world, always innovating to continue lighting new ways in healthcare well into the future. This spirit of innovation is powered by the Foundation’s donors and volunteers, who share our vision for better healthcare and who recognize that investment is always needed for the next healthcare innovation.
Please refer to the Foundation www.hrhfoundation.ca and the Humber River Hospital website www.hrh.ca for additional information.
Working For Humber River Hospital Foundation (HRHF)
Working for HRHF means you will be part of a high performing, dynamic team of individuals who think entrepreneurially and work collaboratively to achieve our collective goal of lighting new way in healthcare.
As a member of the Foundation team, the Coordinator, Events would receive a competitive salary and benefits package, professional development opportunities and an opportunity to join an innovative team with an ambitious future vision.
As a key member of the Annual Team, the Coordinator, Events is responsible for coordinating and implementing the logistics, execution, and production of the Foundation’s Signature, Donor Relations and Cultivation events. The position monitors timelines, event implementation, and builds relationships with external suppliers to ensure best service and pricing. The Coordinator builds relationships to support event committees and also works with sponsors to successfully implement sponsorship fulfillment, provide excellent customer service and steward these relationships.
- Officer, Events & Community Engagement
- None applicable to this Job Description
Signature Events: 50%
- Effectively monitor project timelines to ensure event execution remains on schedule, resources managed efficiently and on budget, and event implementation a success exceeding guest and sponsor expectations
- In conjunction with the Officer, conduct research, make site visits and find resources to make informed decisions about event opportunities
- Serve as the liaison with vendors on event-related matters and manage supplier relationships to ensure exceptional quality, budget and delivery timing objectives are met
- In conjunction with the Officer, coordinate and execute all logistical elements of signature events including data requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, room layout, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, décor, signage, raffle requirements, volunteers, auction items, collection and reconciliation of payments and thank you letters
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications team to update marketing pieces related to events including registration forms, guest information, forms, event signage needs, one-pagers, auction request letters, etc.
- Support the implementation and development of marketing and creative materials including working with internal and external suppliers
- Manage on-site production and tear down for Signature events
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to create and update donor records as well as record event-related information and data including participant registration, sponsorships, gift-in-kind, auction items and attendance
Stewardship, Volunteers and Relationship Management: 10%
- In collaboration with the Officer, prepare event committee meeting materials and attend event committee meetings to record minutes
- Provide timely customer service and support to sponsors, and support Officer with on-site corporate sponsor fulfillment and recognition
- Prepare customized sponsorship fulfillment packages for Development and Volunteers sales team
Community & Third Party Events: 10%
- In collaboration with the Senior Coordinator, Community Engagement support with any logistical tasks related to third party event organizers, such as ordering signage, shipping materials, scheduling volunteers, etc. and providing on-site support as required
Foundation Events: 30%
- Provide Officer with logistical support for Foundation cultivation and donor engagement events as required including data requirements, invitations, RSVPs, participant registration, room layout, venue and catering requirements, technical requirements, décor, signage, raffle requirements, volunteers, auction items, collection and reconciliation of payments and thank you letters
- Support Officer with logistical tasks related to giving circle initiatives WINK and RiPL
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent administrative skills including solid working experience using relevant technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, the Internet and fundraising software
- Experience with Raisin program or website design specifically Content Management Systems considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from different sources enhanced by problem solving capabilities
- Strong customer service oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to use sound judgment and maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to multitask and use good judgment and decision making during high-level, event-intense implementation periods
- 2-3 years fundraising event and marketing experience and in the not-for-profit sector with demonstrated success in this area
- Related education an asset
- Experience using fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge an asset
Note: Flexibility is necessary as this position will be required to work some weekends and evenings.
Driver’s license and vehicle required.
Job Posting Closes: March 18, 2022
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee’s first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.