Coordinator Fund Development, Individual Giving
Reporting to the Manager, Fund Development Individual Giving, the Coordinator Fund Development, Individual Giving is responsible for supporting the execution of all activities of the Individual Giving portfolios, including supporting monthly giving, as well as direct mail and digital programs.
Monthly Giving and Administrative Support to the Fund Development Team
- Responsible for monthly donor onboarding by creating and mailing welcome letters
- Communicate with donors interested in monthly giving through phone/email
- Identify and qualify new potential donors and new opportunities with current donors through research and prospecting
- Communicate with monthly donors whose credit card is expiring
- Support with summer newsletter mailing: merge and print letter and works with volunteer to fulfill mail packs in the office
- Assist with annual tax receipts: data, word merge, printing letter and resend tax receipts to donors as requested
- Identify and create meaningful experiences for donors and increase engagement with ALS Canada
- Provide back up to the Data Management team in processing and mailing donor thank you and acknowledgement letters
- Support the Fund Development team to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects to meet the fundraising goals
- Prepare customized individual giving proposals for qualified prospects
- Responsible for communicating with donors to ensure accurate donor details are captured
- As a back-up to the Donor Services team, provide end to end donor support including donation processing, recognition and tax receipting
- Prepare and distribute reports and presentation materials using platforms such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge NXT, and PowerPoint etc.
- Stephen Thomas Project Management: coordinate signatory consent and interviews; coordinate review process; review Lives and draft and draft thank you letters
- Regularly update and maintain the prospect module, donor records, and prospect lists in our donor database, Raiser’s Edge, and prepare pipeline and activity reports as required
- Through Engaging Networks platform: monitor performance, user testing of welcome series, reactivation series, update email copy and assist with setting up drip campaigns
- Expense coding and reporting as required
- Attend external events as an Ambassador of ALS Canada
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration, customer service and/or project management
- Creative and resourceful team-player with an ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in digital fundraising programs and platforms
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with donors, volunteers, staff and the general public
- Strong computer skills including word processing, mail merges, spreadsheets, and database/information management.
- Independent self-starter with negotiation skills and high initiative
- Ability to positively adapt to and manage change
- Ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external partners
- Inherent demonstration of ALS Canada core values: accountability, collaboration, compassion, integrity, dynamic and respect
- Experience working in not for profit or health charity
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Ability to speak and/or write in French
Apply Todayemail@example.com by end of day August 28, 2022. Please be sure to indicate the job title in the email subject. ALS Canada would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to
ALS Canada is committed to accommodating the individual needs of job candidates, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), ALS Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities within our recruitment processes. Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
ALS Canada is committed to being an equitable employer, we strongly encourage people from equity seeking groups to apply.