Coordinator, Fundraising & Partnerships
Reporting to the Manager of Fundraising & Partnerships, the Coordinator, Fundraising & Partnerships will help build a community of supporters for The Bentway Conservancy’s ongoing programming, operations, and continued expansion. The Coordinator supports philanthropy, sponsorship, government relations, as well as other aspects of development and fundraising on behalf of The Bentway.
This role will work standard business hours, with occasional evenings and weekends required to support Bentway events/programming. Pending COVID-related public health guidelines, this role will be required to split their time between The Bentway’s office (55 Fort York Blvd) and work-from-home (laptop & home office equipment will be provided).
ABOUT THE BENTWAY
Deeply rooted in Toronto’s urban fabric, The Bentway leads a creative movement to re-imagine the possibilities of the Gardiner Expressway. We are an organization of city animators who use public space and public programming to test and demonstrate new ideas in public art, performance, public infrastructure, and civic engagement. The Bentway Conservancy is a non-profit organization and registered charity that works closely with the City of Toronto, artists & creatives, and local communities to bring our work to life.
Of the city; about the city; for the city.
The Bentway is committed to fostering a positive and supportive environment that promotes equity and diversity. We invite applications from Indigenous and racialized people, people with disabilities, and people from 2SLGBTQ+ communities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to The Bentway Conservancy in advance at email@example.com.
- Research, identify, and create profiles and briefing notes on funding opportunities for consideration by management, including for philanthropy and corporate sponsorship
- Prepare funding proposals, grant applications, and pitch decks to solicit support from government, foundations, and corporate sponsors
- Liaise with corporate sponsors and their agencies to support the execution of sponsor activations
- Providing onsite event support (including occasional evenings and weekends) for cultivation and stewardship activities
- Support cultivation & stewardship activities, including creating invitations & guest lists, tracking RSVPs, etc.
- Ensure proper recognition for sponsors and supporters on donor signage, promotional materials, website, social media, etc.
- Compile final reports on Bentway programs and initiatives for donors, sponsors, and supporters
- Support the creation of a public-facing annual report, as well as monthly “impact stories” shared on Bentway channels
- Track relationships, event attendance, and funding activity for a variety of supporters using a fundraising database
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- 3+ years work experience in individual giving, corporate sponsorship, grant writing and/or government relations, etc.
- Experience working in a fundraising environment and/or knowledge of fundraising landscape (ie: fundraising cycle, prospect research & identification, etc.)
- Very strong written communication skills, particularly in the area of grant writing and reporting
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to research, collect, analyze, and present data for to variety of stakeholders
- Advance knowledge of standard office tools and applications including Email, MS Office Suite, phones, etc.
- Experience working in the areas of arts & culture, environment, and/or city-building is considered an asset
- Experience working with fundraising databases (e.g. Raiser’s Edge, Neon CRM, etc) is a strong asset
- Knowledge of basic financial processes, including creating budgets, purchase orders, invoices, etc. is a strong asset
- Able to work some evenings and weekends as required
Please respond with a cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position, and a resume. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email only and should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: “Coordinator, Fundraising & Partnerships – YOUR NAME”
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
For more information please visit thebentway.ca.