Coordinator, Gift & Estate Planning
Title: Coordinator, Gift & Estate Planning
Reports to: Philanthropy Director, Gift & Estate Planning
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
From our beginnings as a hospital for Canadian veterans, Sunnybrook has flourished into a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto, evolving to meet the needs of our growing community. Today, with 1.3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada’s largest trauma centre.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
- Brain Sciences
- Heart and vascular
- High risk maternal and newborn
The coordinator will provide the highest level of gift & estate planning administrative support. The coordinator will be responsible for estate administration, as well as provide support with cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities within the Gift & Estate Planning portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative person with strong organizational skills. The role requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, and independent judgment.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Carry out estate administration managing tasks such as, reviewing estate notifications and accounts, preparing all acknowledgment/receipt letters, coordination of signatures for documents, processing cheques and updating digital files.
- Provide regular follow up calls and emails to executors and solicitors on status of active estate files.
- Maintain and organize regular reports on the status of the active estate files.
- Provide status updates to the Philanthropy Director, Gift & Estate Planning on active estate files.
- Coordinate the Director’s calendar which would include booking of meetings, coordinating and executing meeting logistics and preparation of materials
- Monitor donor activity, ensuring contact reports, coding, and follow-up actions are recorded and completed
- Respond to donor inquiries, initiate correspondence and coordinate information packages
- Complete donor thank you calls and follow up calls as assigned
- Monitor team activity to ensure donor files are active and next steps are completed
- Coordinate room bookings and catering
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and managing donor and volunteer events
- Represent team on projects and committees as assigned
- Assist in coordinating meetings, ensuring outcomes are tracked and completed
- Coordination of special projects as assigned, taking responsibility from inception to completion
- Assist team members to find and collate information for donors
- Coordinate Foundation and Hospital staff resources to execute meetings and events
Donor and Gift Data Management
- Process estate gifts and mail tax receipts
- Perform all data-entry, coding, filing and information management pertaining to the Director’s activities
- Regularly maintain and update donor and estate records
- Regularly monitor planned gift and estate reports to ensure accuracy of pipeline and individual metrics
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding and expertise in the use of Foundation’s donor database (RE) and corporate intranet (DE), and acts as a team champion for both. Duties may include training team members, generating queries, and compiling lists
- Monitor planned giving confirmations to ensure donors are welcomed into the Kilgour Legacy Society
- Monitor and track stewardship activity for Kilgour Legacy Society members including support for donor wall updates
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and managing stewardship events
- Review lists for mailings, special email announcements, event invitations etc.
- Identify opportunities for donor stewardship
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and relationships in a fast-paced professional environment
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains confidentiality without exception
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations, demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Analytical and problem solving skills and proven ability to research and summarize information
- Proven ability to provide excellent client service
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- College or university degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite including Outlook or similar scheduling software
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Customer service experience in a professional environment
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by October 24, 2022 to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Coordinator, Gift & Estate Planning” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Foundation is strongly committed to equity, diversity and inclusion within its community and encourages all applicants including but not limited to: Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, all religions, cultures, and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation, and everyone who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case bases.