WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Philanthropy
REPORTING TO: Director, Major Gifts & Campaigns
LOCATION: Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health & Wellness, with periodic travel to Brampton Civic and Etobicoke General Hospitals; hybrid model
WILLIAM OSLER HEALTH SYSTEM FOUNDATION
Osler Foundation is the fundraising arm of William Osler Health System (Osler). Osler serves 1.3 million people in Brampton, Caledon, North Mississauga, Etobicoke, and the surrounding region. This is one of the fastest-growing and most ethnically diverse regions of Canada.
Osler Foundation builds and fosters relationships in our hospitals and the community to raise funds to support the clinical priorities at Brampton Civic Hospital and Etobicoke General Hospital, Osler’s two acute-care sites, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
As part of the Osler System family, we are committed to providing a fulfilling work environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. Year after year, Osler is proud to be recognized as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Osler Foundation is equally committed to supporting our employees through flexible work arrangements, professional development, and a commitment to creating an environment of inclusiveness and belonging. Our team members are highly effective leaders, instructors, and mentors within the philanthropy sector with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Association of Healthcare Philanthropists (AHP), including as current Chair, AFP Canada and AFP Fundraiser of the Year, 2019.
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts & Campaigns, the Coordinator, Philanthropy will have a wide range of cross-functional responsibilities including assisting with donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities, as well as handling the administrative and planning needs of the Major Gifts team to achieve its goals.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to)
- Provide accurate, responsive and professional administrative and strategic fundraising support to the fundraising team
- Assist in the development and implementation of personalized cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for prospective donors, drafting relevant materials such as briefing memos, meeting materials, and donor correspondence as required by the Major Gifts team
- Proactively track constituent moves through the stages of fundraising, understand what actions are to be taken with key prospects, and prompt relationship managers to complete actions
- Work with relationship managers to ensure prospect/donor files in Raiser’s Edge are always up-to-date, and that donor touchpoints and next steps are appropriately documented
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and tours with prospects, donors, volunteers and stakeholders
- Pull queries and reports and compile information to support the Major Gift team’s goals and activity
- Coordinate recognition opportunities by managing and monitoring relevant databases, as well as proactively working with internal stakeholders, donors and vendors
- Provide support at functions for cultivation, fundraising and stewardship, which may require occasional evening or weekend work
- Serve as a point of contact for the Major Gifts team, responding promptly and professionally to internal and external requests
- Coordinate Foundation staff meetings and Major Gift team meetings, compile agenda packages and produce meeting notes/minutes
- Responsible for answering the Foundation main phone line, including answering enquiries and redirecting calls as appropriate
- Coordinate complex calendars, meetings, appointments and events
- Other duties, as assigned
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- 2+ years or more within a fundraising/charitable/not-for profit organization
- Experience in a healthcare organization in a Major Gift capacity is a definite asset
- Professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Deadline and results-oriented, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of initiative, diplomacy and creativity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers
- Ability to work independently and proactively under pressure
- Strong computer literacy: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), Raiser’s Edge; familiarity with Adobe Photoshop & InDesign an asset
- Holds a driver’s license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
WHAT YOU WILL ENJOY:
- A comprehensive benefits package including a defined-benefit pension plan (HOOPP), outstanding health/dental benefits, and a generous vacation allowance.
- An expected salary range of $48-61K.
- The Foundation is working under a hybrid model of work from home and in office on a weekly basis.
- State-of-the-art accessible facility located close to major highways in Brampton, Ontario
- A dynamic and professional office setting in a hospital environment.
- A highly collaborative team environment with the opportunity to develop an enhanced suite of donor-centered communications materials.
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us through your application.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email, as a PDF, addressed to Shari Lovelock, Director, Major Gifts & Campaigns, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Coordinator, Philanthropy
Deadline: July 8, 2022 at 5pm
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.