Coordinator, Philanthropy & Partnerships
Who We Are
fast is one of North America’s most creative and notable social enterprises and the charitable
organization behind the world-renowned Fogo Island Inn and Fogo Island Arts. Shorefast’s work has
garnered significant international interest including a feature on 60 Minutes and named in The New
York Times’ 52 Places for a Changed World.
Shorefast is committed to building economic and cultural resilience on Fogo Island while making it
possible for local communities to thrive in the global economy; we’re forging a new path at the
intersection of business, philanthropy, and community economic development.
Shorefast is a multi-faceted organization with both charitable and business operations focused on
community economic development. We are at an exciting time in our organization’s history as we
build our fundraising team to support a period of significant growth.
The Coordinator, Philanthropy & Partnerships is a new, full-time, permanent position based in
Newfoundland (preferably on Fogo Island) or Toronto. Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy &
Partnerships, the Coordinator has a wide range of cross-functional responsibilities to support
revenue generation and donor stewardship. These include database management, progress tracking and
reporting, managing special projects, and providing administrative support for the Philanthropy &
Partnerships team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in building the administrative
infrastructure for a growing fundraising operation, and strong interpersonal skills. Applying an
entrepreneurial, community-centric lens to your work, you will intersect with a variety of dynamic,
engaging individuals both internal and external to the organization.
What You’ll Do
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Shorefast’s initiatives and funding
• Write and develop proposals and tailored communications for donors, foundations, grants, and
• Prepare correspondence for senior staff, program leads or volunteers (e.g. pledge reminders,
gift agreements, solicitations, thank you letters)
• Build the administrative systems to support and track the identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship of Shorefast supporters.
• Assist with the coordination and delivery of cultivation and stewardship events, including
invitations, RSVPs, attendance records, etc.
• Support annual budget planning; track and monitor fundraising expenses and revenues.
• Enter donations, constituent updates and donor interactions in the database (Salesforce), in
keeping with relevant privacy legislation.
• Coordinate the delivery of donor benefits including stewardship plans, donor recognition, and
• Maintain complete and accurate donor and prospect records including executed letters of
agreement, proposals, receipts, and general correspondence.
• Collaborate with the Finance team to reconcile Salesforce reports with accounting
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications you’ll bring
• Post-secondary education or equivalent
• Interest and experience in related fields an asset (fundraising, community development; arts;
environment; economics; non-profit administration; government relations)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• An enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Adobe and standard office
• Familiarity with a constituent relationship management (CRM) database preferred
What we offer
• An engaged, progressive, highly supportive, flexible, and collaborative work
• A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within
• Competitive benefits program including group insurance plan, Employee Assistance Program, and