Coordinator – Signature Events
Mackenzie Health Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s mission to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities through the funding of capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation just achieved an incredible $250 Million campaign milestone – the largest ever for a community hospital in Canada – but our work is not done. The Ultimate Campaign built and equipped Cortelluci Vaughan Hospital and helped enhance care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital; going forward, our fundraising efforts will ensure a steady flow of resources to attract the very best talent, advance excellence in our programs and services and secure the latest equipment and technology as we focus on providing the best possible outcomes for every patient who comes through our doors.
Reporting to the Manager, Signature Events, the Coordinator, Signature Events is a part of the Signature Events Team and in addition to this role, works cross-functionally supporting all Foundation portfolios to help achieve and advance the Foundation’s overall goals and objectives. The Coordinator provides a wide range of execution and logistical support in coordination with the Manager, Signature Events, and Specialist, Signature Events.
Contribute to fundraising by:
- Serves as a lead for assigned signature event activities;
- Supports all fundraising activities including sponsorship solicitation, sales planning, ticket sales and other avenues of revenue generation (i.e. auctions, raffles, donations, etc.);
- Executes all aspects for assigned signature events including day of logistics, post event reporting and stewardship ensuring high quality, cost effective events executed within an established budget;
- Meets with volunteer leadership, supports planning sessions as necessary to successfully execute event;
- Ensures accurate tracking of event budget (revenue and expenses), event day logistics, post-event reporting and stewardship and provide post-event analysis to ensure continuous improvement of all events/activities;
- Working with the Specialist, Signature Events to recruit, engage and manage event volunteers for selected signature events and committee members;
- Maintains actions and notes in Raiser’s Edge so that timely and appropriate “moves” are being implemented to grow or maintain ongoing relationships with current and past event donors;
What must you have?
- College diploma required from an accredited program, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising.
What else do you bring?
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite at an advanced level.
- Proficiency with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms such as AKA Raisin.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge Program.
- Demonstrated ability in planning, organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in a busy environment with poise and patience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the area of correspondence and report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Able to think creatively and problem solve while exercising good judgment in a changing environment with numerous deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity working with budgets and expenses following standard procedures.
- Able to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve optimal results.
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate, and resolve issues in a professional and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and working with volunteers.
- Organized and self-motivated with an ability to manage time effectively.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Adaptable with an ability to be positive and flexible.
- Prepared to respond to a fast-paced changing environment requiring flexibility and adaptability with respect to working hours such as evening and weekend hours.
- Must have access to a car and must possess a valid driver’s license.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health