Database and Analysis Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
CARE Canada’s bold new Strategic Plan, From Caring Comes Courage (2021 – 2024), sets out CARE Canada’s commitment to bring all our resources, talent, and expertise together to unlock women’s leadership for a gender-just future. It recognizes that to lead change and realize a better life for herself and her community, every woman needs to be safe, healthy and have a dignified livelihood. It also fundamentally realizes that ‘business as usual’ is no longer good enough: this Plan challenges us to reimagine how we achieve our mission, inspire Canadian investment in that mission, and transform our organization to be future-ready.
The Public Engagement Unit is responsible for CARE Canada’s externally facing initiatives. The team is fundamental to achieving our goal of inspiring Canadians to join us in this journey with a brave and bold voice and through innovative partnerships and sustainable, balanced revenue sources.
The Database and Analysis Manager reports to the Manager, Donor Experience and Stewardship as a member of the Shared Services team and part of the Public Engagement (PE) unit. They work with Shared Services team members, Fundraising and Corporate Services staff to maintain, optimize, track, import and export donor data and take the lead on identifying insights, trends and creating reports.
The Database and Analysis Manager oversees all data management, analysis, processing and systems that support revenue generation functions, developing policies and procedures related to donor, prospect, and database management. Additionally, the position assists in supporting online segmentation, tracking and reporting through Luminate Online for email and donation pages.
The Database and Analysis Manager is a hands-on position, requiring substantial day-to-day operations and maintenance of Raiser’s Edge (RE) and support of Luminate Online (LO) data systems, while supporting on the data elements of gift processing and maintaining overall database hygiene and security.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
• 3+ years of Raiser’s Edge experience using queries, exports, admin and config-
• 2+ years of administering a CRM or Relational Database
• General knowledge of all forms of fundraising techniques
• Strong computer skills, including those required for data manipulation, analysis and interpretation
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem solving to assist in meeting organizational and team goals
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, and/or provide timely feedback on an as needed and/or urgent basis; flexible and able to work in an organization committed to continuous improvement
• Strong customer service, problem solving and communication skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Bachelor’s degree, college diploma or equivalent combination of education and work experience
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
• Previous experience working in an international NGO
• Knowledge/experience using Luminate Online
• Knowledge/experience with Omatic Products (MergeOmatic, Importomatic)
• Knowledge/experience using Blackbaud SKY Application Programming Interface (API)
• Knowledge/experience in Data Visualization Tools (PowerBI/Tableau) and SQL
• Knowledge of financial procedures related to fundraising
• Technical diploma/degree (e.g. Computer Science, IT, Programming, Data Analytics, etc.)
• Certifications in Blackbaud (e.g. Raiser’s Edge Fundamentals, Raiser’s Edge NXT Professional, etc.)
Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
Create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Safeguarding Policy and Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
• Starting Salary Range between $70,000 – $75,000.
• Comprehensive benefits package and confidential employee assistance program services available to you and your dependents from your first day of employment
• 3 weeks of annual leave (increases to 4 weeks from 2nd year of employment)
• In addition to annual leave, we offer a December 24-January 1 office closure so we can all recharge simultaneously
• Inclusive holiday policy
• Paid sick leave
• Parental leave top-up
• Employer contributions to group pension plan after first year of employment
• Optional participation in group RRSP
• International and domestic travel opportunities
• Annual all-staff retreat in Ottawa
• Learning and development opportunities and specialized training
• Flexible work hours to support employee wellbeing and productivity
• A focus on wellness and work-life balance
• Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you! Don’t think you check all the boxes? Reach out anyway – we would love to hear how your experience translates to this role! Please apply directly at https://bit.ly/3zYaurH by November 22, 2022. Please note resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the advertisement will be removed once a candidate has been identified. We are only able to consider candidates who currently have the right to work in Canada