Database & Gift Processing Coordinator (Foundation)
Michael Garron Hospital provides high-quality, patient-centred healthcare services to families along the continuum of care, from welcoming a new life to facing end-of-life. Serving more than 400,000 people in East Toronto, we deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis—90 per cent of the healthcare people need, at a level of excellence rivaling anywhere else in the city. We are also developing tomorrow’s healthcare leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto. MGH is a proud member of East Toronto Health Partners, the Ontario Health Team serving East Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and one of the most diverse in Canada. Forty percent of the people we care for are new Canadians. One quarter of our catchment is low income and we are home to the highest proportion of refugees in the city of Toronto. More seniors live alone here than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health— disproportionately affect people in our neighbourhoods.
In 2018, Michael Garron Hospital Foundation (MGHF) entered the public phase of the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of the hospital’s historic $560-million redevelopment. The Heart of the East will transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-story Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre, and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility.
To learn more, visit mghf.ca.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as our Database & Gift Processing Coordinator.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Events, Annual and Operations, the Database & Gift Processing Coordinator is responsible for processing all donations and generating accurate receipts with thank you letters (~ 20,000 transactions annually). The successful candidate will work with our Manager, Finance to reconcile transactions on a monthly basis, and ensure that the appropriate gift documentation is retained. Additionally, this team member will work with our Manager, Annual Programs to export lists in support of Foundation e-communications and direct mail campaigns (up to 20 annually). The incumbent requires a proficiency working with Raiser’s Edge, knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines, and a high level of attention to detail.
Gift Processing & Receipting:
– Enter gifts into Raiser’s Edge database system. This involves accurate data entry skills; an understanding of the CRA guidelines with respect to charitable receipting and eligibility; and recognition of the importance of accurately recording gift restrictions.
– Prepare and reconcile bank deposits as well as IATS and BBMS transactions. Run and disseminate daily donation report to Foundation colleagues.
– Import data from online donation pages using upload utility, import online gifts through third-party websites such as Canada Helps, Benevity and EchoAge.
– File gift documentation, ensuring completeness of records for audit purposes.
– Execute weekly thank-you and tax receipt correspondence.
– Fulfill tribute donations, creating and sending cards for gifts made in memory, grateful giving and in honour.
– On a quarterly basis, produce pledge reminder letters, run all monthly donations, including payroll gifts.
Donor Records Management, Annual Programs & Other:
– Support data management needs for Annual Programs portfolio, including appeal backfeed files upload, exporting mail files for mailing house, acquisition list management, appeal and constituent coding.
– Establish and monitor business rules, data standards, and reporting protocols to increase efficiency. Adhere to segregation of duties policies.
– Document business rules, policies and procedures as appropriate.
– Generate queries and lists for various department needs, including donor solicitations, event invitations (direct mail, telemarketing, digital fundraising campaigns), newsletters and stewardship efforts.
– As an integral member of our team, flag opportunities or concerns to colleagues as appropriate.
– Run a series of data integrity tasks such as NCOA to ensure database accuracy and completeness.
– Remove duplicate constituents and merge donor records where necessary.
– Manage monthly donors including data collection for declined or expiring credit cards.
– Where returned mail is received, make efforts to obtain updated information through research and outreach to donor.
– Liaise with office volunteers to stuff and mail receipts and letters, assign other duties as appropriate.
– Manage biographical donor data such as address changes, deceased data, email consent, mailing preferences and provide notifications as appropriate to staff.
– Provide back-up to office reception as required.
– Support the Manager, Finance for monthly reconciliation and research discrepancies.
– Support our annual internal audit by supplying auditor with back up documentation as requested.
– Oversee Raiser’s Edge NXT user accounts/groups, recommend and manage security permissions.
– Maintain the Raisers Edge NXT gift entry manual; updating as procedures change.
– Provide training and ongoing support to new and current staff to ensure understanding of our database structure, coding and procedures.
– Facilitate Raiser’s Edge NXT internal working group.
– Serve as a courteous touch point for internal and external customers with questions about giving, their gift transactions, pledge payments/issues and receipts.
– Assist at Foundation events as required.
– Post-Secondary Education in Office Administration or equivalent preferred.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role.
– Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
– Experience with online donation processing platforms is an asset.
– Pleasant phone and in-person demeanor.
– Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all levels.
– Takes initiative to problem-solve and liaise with colleagues for information required to perform duties.
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to identify inefficiencies and recommend process improvements, as well as anticipate challenges and resolve issues as they arise.
– Highly adaptable, and flexible, able to prioritize and work comfortably in a fast-paced, changing environment, as part of a small but nimble team.
– Ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of collaborators, including proactive sharing of information.
– All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
– All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
– All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We offer an industry leading pension plan (HOOPP), a comprehensive group health and dental benefits package, fitness classes and gym membership, an employee discount program, and tuition assistance. Our target salary range is $55,000 – $60,000 annually with an additional performance-based bonus of up to 6%. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by April 4, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we will be interviewing as we receive resumes. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for consideration.