Database & Insights Manager
Reports to: VP, Operations & Community
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is a fast-paced, innovative fundraising organization committed to raising funds in support of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Toronto.
St. Joe’s has provided care for millions of people in Toronto’s west end for more than a century. Today, it is one of Canada’s busiest community teaching hospitals, looking after a vibrant community of over half a million. Now part of Unity Health Toronto, St. Joe’s is uniquely positioned to inspire the best care experiences for all.
Currently preparing for the largest campaign in our history, the Foundation is seeking a Database & Insights Manager to join a highly-motivated team of professionals and play an integral role to drive data governance, management and insights.
This is an exciting time to join the Foundation. We are at the ground level of our next chapter and each and every team member will contribute to our success in raising funds that will transform our hospital in the years to come.
A key member of Foundation team, the Database & Insights Manager is responsible for providing leadership for the Foundation’s data management systems and to assist all Foundation staff to extract data and utilize Raiser’s Edge in support of their goals and functions. Both strategic thinker and doer, in this role the Database & Insights Manager will help inform strategic and business planning and help the team track performance indicators.
The Database & Insights Manager will train and coach team members to ensure consistency and accuracy on data entry, the use of the database for improved work flow planning and insights.
Insight Strategy & Execution
- Working with team members and vendors, develop a segmentation strategy and procedures to implement it
- Working with program leads, design and implement systems to accurately and effectively measure and report on results and performance by program
- Analyze complex data to make strategic recommendations
- Develop reports to identify, spot and interpret trends and make recommendations for adjusting strategies to improve performance
Database Administration & Management
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Foundation’s database (currently Raiser’s Edge (RE)) to ensure that database is optimized to track, capture and report on results and identified performance indicators
- Manage and maintain consistent practices for all data input, gift processing and acknowledgement procedures, including charitable and business receipts
- Update database coding and structure to optimize the data insight, prospecting and pipeline management
- Create and manage imports/exports, queries, reports and data information for all program areas
- Develop and update data tracking procedures for users
- Ensure data system security & integrity
- Recommend changes, use of technology and other improvements to enhance database and database performance
- Manage outside vendors and IT support, if necessary
- Oversee user accounts and settings; develop and implement related security policies
Fundraising & Gift Entry
- Support data requests (exports and imports) for mailings, appeals, e-blasts, e-News, special initiatives and ad-hoc requests
- Coordinate the transfer of data between Luminate systems and event modules.
- Manage data entry for monthly donors, pledges and payment schedules
- Support Stewardship team with updates to the Donor Recognition levels and lists, annually
- Import survey responses and event participation to Donor records based on survey replies
Analysis & Reporting
- Prepare reports showing results on performance indicators for Board, Team and fundraising committees
- Build program dashboards to assist staff in measuring, monitoring performance objectives
- Support the Foundation’s participation in benchmark studies
- Manage the donation reconciliation process
- Train and coach team members on database use (e.g. coding, structure and available insights)
- Develop learning plans for team, utilizing platforms like BlackBaud University
- University Degree, college diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least five years of related experience
- Proven leadership of strategic data initiatives, including oversight of external vendors.
- Strong Knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge database management software
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- A professional attitude and able to handle multiple projects independently
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Fundraising experience in a health care environment, is an asset
Salary range is $65,000-$85,000 annually, plus competitive benefits and HOOPP Pension Plan.
To Apply: Link